Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#16007 - 06/04/06 04:36 PM New ESS Speakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Loc: Simi Valley, CA, USA
I know I'm not the only one in this forum using ESS speakers so if you've been hankering for a new set, take a look at these. Although they didn't have any ESS speakers at the HE 2006 show I was able to talk to a dealer of ESS speakers who gave me a brochure of the new Connoiseur Series of speakers.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#16008 - 06/05/06 09:58 AM Re: New ESS Speakers
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
There is a web site with the whole set of ESS Heil speakers from this company at http://www.eliteavdist.com and a review at http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/ess450.htm. According to the review they are very nice but quite expensive.

I have had a pair of AMT-1Bs for a long, long time. I bought new 12" woofers (polypropylene like the newer 1D model, which I think sound better than the original ones) and passive radiators directly from the original ESS in Sacramento within the last few years. MeanGene, do you know anything about the relationship between the original ESS and this company? The original ESS in Sacramento was still selling AMT-1D's and AMT-Monitors as well as replacement parts by direct mail order for pretty reasonable prices, at least up until a year or two ago. They were even selling off some inventory of the large Heil tweeters quite recently on ebay.

#16009 - 06/05/06 01:48 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
westy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston MA
Wow I had a pair of those things in the early 80s!

People were always impressed by the 50's science fiction tweeter (Heil air motion transformer).

#16010 - 06/15/06 09:22 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Wolverine, that link is dead. I tried to go to the site and search for ESS related articles and found nothing. If you get a chance could you find another review?

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#16011 - 06/15/06 09:58 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
Lonster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Eureka CA.
There's nothing wrong with the link, you just need to drop the . at the end.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/ess450.htm

Try the link above.
Lonny

#16012 - 06/15/06 09:59 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Try this link , MeanGene - there was a period at the end of wolverine's that was messing you up.

#16013 - 06/16/06 12:54 AM Re: New ESS Speakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Thanks, all

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#16014 - 06/16/06 01:11 AM Re: New ESS Speakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by wolverine:
There is a web site with the whole set of ESS Heil speakers from this company at http://www.eliteavdist.com and a review at http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/ess450.htm. According to the review they are very nice but quite expensive.

I have had a pair of AMT-1Bs for a long, long time. I bought new 12" woofers (polypropylene like the newer 1D model, which I think sound better than the original ones) and passive radiators directly from the original ESS in Sacramento within the last few years. MeanGene, do you know anything about the relationship between the original ESS and this company? The original ESS in Sacramento was still selling AMT-1D's and AMT-Monitors as well as replacement parts by direct mail order for pretty reasonable prices, at least up until a year or two ago. They were even selling off some inventory of the large Heil tweeters quite recently on ebay.
At HE2006 I spoke with a representative of Elite Audio and Visual who explained that the company had moved most of the operations to Germany, but the Heil AMT's were still assembled in Sacramento.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

#16015 - 06/18/06 12:19 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
wolverine Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ann Arbor
The forum program automatically incorporated the trailing period into the link. It take all the text until the next space as part of the link. Since the second URL in my reply was at the end of a sentence, I put a period after it. The other URL did not come at the end of the sentence so I had not typed a period after it, and it was fine.

I did test it in the Preview Post, and that's the way it works. So don't put a period or comma at the end of a URL even if it is grammmatically correct. You learn something new every day!

#16016 - 06/18/06 06:10 PM Re: New ESS Speakers
MeanGene Offline
Desperado

And of course, no Home Theater is complete without genuine MeanGene Custom Cables.

MeanGene\'s DVD\'s

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts