Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#15702 - 03/01/06 02:33 PM Thoughts on Klipsch RSX-5 & RCX-4
Machine Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Hello all, new here and looking for some advice.

I'm finally looking into shit canning my prehistoric 2 channel system and moving up to a 5.1 rig.

Here is what I plan on putting together

Pre/Pro -> Outlaw 970
Amp -> Outlaw 7075
Sub -> Outlaw LF-1
Mains & Rears -> Klipsch RSX-5
Center -> Klipsch RCX-4

The speakers are essentially Klipsch's Cinema 10 package minus the sub

I would say my break down is 40% Music and 60% HT.

I currently live in a condo so I am aware that the sub may be overkill but I would like to avoid having to upgrade it in the future should I plan on moving into a larger living space.

My living room is maybe ~(12'x15') however the space is quite open with the dinning room, kitchen and hallway all connected to the living room (ie. the living room is not a closed environment with respect to the rest of the condo)

What are you people's thoughts on this combination? I have only ever come across maybe three reviews on these speakers, all of which were quite positive.

I only plan on going 5.1 at the moment because the room does not lend itself well to a 7.1 setup. Perhaps in the future with a different room I would get some larger Mains and move the others to the back to create a 7.1 system. With this in mind would the 7075 run out of steam providing I stick with efficient speakers?

I look forward to joining the Outlaw stable.

Thanks for your input.
Machine.

#15703 - 03/01/06 03:35 PM Re: Thoughts on Klipsch RSX-5 & RCX-4
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
The 7075 looks like a good match for these Klipsch speakers. I'd suggest setting the 970's crossovers a little higher than most folks use - at least 100Hz (which I think is actually the default setting) and possibly even 120Hz. My standard recommendation for speaker purchases (no matter what brand and models you are considering) is to try to demo the speakers first. Personal preference can play a large role in what speakers you like. There may be some Klipsch owners around here who can offer other good feedback.

Since the 7075 is only supposed to start shipping some time this week, we haven't gotten any feedback yet from users to get a feel for how much oomph the amp has. I suspect that with any speakers of similar efficiency would be pretty happy with the 7075 driving them. If you did choose to go to larger mains later and ended up with something really power-hungry, you could always go with a two-channel amp or a pair of monoblocks to handle those. Or, if the RSX-5's work well for you, add an additional pair for rear surround.

#15704 - 03/03/06 12:02 PM Re: Thoughts on Klipsch RSX-5 & RCX-4
Machine Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Thanks for the input. Been trying to track a dealer down in my area who actually has these speakers to demo.

Let you know how it goes.

/Machine.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts