Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#14494 - 12/29/04 01:57 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
threers Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: vienna, va usa
Bill,

There is always something better (or should I say there is alway something more expensive) You just have to set a budget and stick with it. Also consider that 950/7100 is a "mid fi" equipment with great value. No need to get super duper fancy speakers. $15k speakers are not going to sound any better than a good $2k set of speakers with the 950/7100. You also have to think about wires, cables, speaker stands, equipment rack and other accessories to consider.

#14495 - 12/29/04 02:14 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
silversport Offline
Desperado

Loc: ChicagoLand/USA
You are, of course, correct...I need to stop one upping myself and stick to the budget I have set for myself.
Thanks VERY MUCH for you

...Let the Movies and Music Play...

#14496 - 12/30/04 09:54 AM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
silversport Offline
Desperado

I think I will be going with Klipsch Synergy F-3s...the system...I know it's from BB and that these get no love from the elitists but...the price seems right, clean and efficient Klipsch speakers and some of the best audio from the Outlaws!
Thanks for all your help!
Bill

#14497 - 12/30/04 09:56 AM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
silversport Offline
Desperado

...by the way...admit it...gonk is a machine! No way can he have the answer to everything! (...and yet...he DOES! ;-)
When I do a search I have not found a thread that did not have his help all over it.
Thanks!
Bill

#14498 - 12/31/04 02:42 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
maybe he has the ability to have his thoughts plucked from his head and posted on the net subconsciously...

#14499 - 12/31/04 02:59 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
grundrc Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Montgomery, TX
Gonk is actually HAL disquised as Gonk.

#14500 - 12/31/04 03:11 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
silversport Offline
Desperado

..."what are you doing, Dave..." If he starts singing "Daisy", I'm outta here!
;-)
Happy New Year,
Bill

#14501 - 01/03/05 12:19 PM Re: Speaker Questions...HELP, Please!
Alejate Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Albany, NY
Bill, you do not have your work cut out for you when buying speakers. This is the fun in audio, don't miss this opportunity, it doesn't come around often. I have posted this in the past, but when auditioning speakers describe them to yourself in terms that generate emotion for you. Such as different types of coffee, or perfumes (or the women that wear them), etc. Because I live where it is cold, I like to use hot chocolate. Speaker "A" is like a cup of rich hot chocolate, speaker "B" has whipped cream added, but speaker "C" is in a mug with marshmellows. All taste pretty good, but I'll chose "C" because I can hold it close to me, smell its aroma, and love its taste. Now apply this to speakers. You see, no sales person can talk you into a set of speakers because you are not listening to their "speaker terms," you are getting lost in your own emotions with the sounds different speakers produce with the CDs you brought along. This is a wonderful time, close your eyes when auditioning and feel the impact of the speakers. Did sad melodies bring tears to your eyes, did happy ones cause you to laugh or smile. Trust me, you will fall in love with some speakers and despise others because of the way they supported or betrayed your emotions. When I was searching for speakers I narrowed it down to two, both costing the same. During one track I could picture myself rocking my daughter to sleep, the other speaker irritated me because its reproduction was not faithful to my hearing. Guess which one I bought? Bottom line, have fun!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 209 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts