Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1444 - 03/01/02 03:21 AM 1050 vs. NAD T751?
SJ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

I am in the final decision stage for my new reciever. So far, I have been hearing all the exciting things about becoming member of outlaw1050 family. Almost all the messages clearly say that 1050 out perform "Japaness" receivers. How about comaring with NAD (T751)? I heard that NAD has pretty good sound quality (possibly poor build quality). It sounds very natural & musical.

#1445 - 03/01/02 03:36 AM Re: 1050 vs. NAD T751?
SJ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Sorry for posting this topic here. I just saw there is a related topic about NAD T751 posted before. However, if any one has updated information about comparison between outlaw and NAD. I really appreciate for any reply. Thanks.

SJ

#1446 - 03/02/02 08:45 AM Re: 1050 vs. NAD T751?
flyrod Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
Howdy!

I started exactly this same discussion about a month and a half ago (help me, guys, with a choice between the T-751 vs 1050.)

Bottom line: I got the Outlaw.

Am I happy? Wow! Yes! The sound quality is at LEAST as good as the NAD. (I have owned an NAD reciever for 20 years.)
The look, fit finish, feel...all excellent (with the possible exception of the Outlaw Logo; not as classy as I would like).

I have a warning to everyone who buys an Outlaw: clear your callender for at least 3 days...you're gonna be camped out in front of it, listening to all your old music media for days!
I spent the first few weeks pulling out all my LP's, CD's, cassetes, etc., and listening to music I hadn't heard in years, indeed, decades.

I should note that when my 1050 arrived, there was a minor flaw with the volume knob. (It made a tiny asymetric "scritching" noise as you rotated the knob.) I called Outlaw, and they shipped a new unit THAT same day..didn't even charge my card. Yes, I had a moment of disapoinment on the defect..but the new unit is FLAWLESS, and I am convinced I made the right choice. I thank Outlaw for their EXCELLENT customer service. Also, I lOVE the volume knob...most receivers nowadays use incredibly cheap, clunky, tacky-feeling knobs; the 1050's know is VERY sexy, with a comfortable and lexus-like tactile feel.

Did I mention I'm happy with the 1050?
I am VERY glad I bought one.

(As an aside, I had a friend over a day or so after I got my Outlaw. This guy repairs aircraft avionics (radios, radar, GPSs's etc.) for a living. He pulled the volume knob off and discovered the noise was merely a tiny scree of plastic sticking up...He was so impressed with the sound and build quality of the 1050 (after playing with it all night, poring over the manual, poking, prodding)....he called Outlaw with an offer to buy my original one!

Dave

#1447 - 03/03/02 02:13 AM Re: 1050 vs. NAD T751?
SJ Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

flyrod,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Your posting back to month ago does provide me lots of information. Just as many people mentioned, I think outlaw definitely is a good buy in terms of quality/price.

How's is the sound stage of outlaw 1050? As I know NAD performs more natural and laid-back sound. I am currently using Nakamichi reciever which has very forward (but still detail) sound stage. It screws up the image. Anyway, I think I probably will go for outlaw instead of NAD.

Thanks.

SJ

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts