Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#14075 - 10/28/04 12:41 PM Which amp to choose?
dirtyschultz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: emerson, nj
Dear Outlaws,

I am having a bit of a problem choosing which amp to pick up!!

The choices are Outlaw 755, Anthem MCA 50, or the Sunfire Theater Grand MKI. I can get the latter two as demos with full warranty for the same price as a new 755.

I have used a carver amp in the past and loved it, so I am kinda leaning in that direction. Once I make my decision on the amp I will be ordering a 950 pre/pro. I feel that there is no better deal in home audio than the 950 wink

Right now I am using infinity speakers but will up grade them next year, considering def tech and paradigm. But I will give a look at the axiom and rocket's I have been reading about.

So fire away outlaws, cant wait to hear your excellent opinions
confused

#14076 - 10/28/04 02:10 PM Re: Which amp to choose?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I would tend to say that you are choosing between three very good products, and I think any one of them would serve your needs very well. I'm one of a number of people happily driving Paradigm speakers with Outlaw amplification, for what that's worth (and of course Def Tech, Rocket, and Axiom are equally well represented). Outlaw's amps have always been well regarded - I don't know how much benefit would be had by upgrading to the Anthem or Sunfire. Some folks around here may have had an opportunity to compare a couple of these, which could be interesting. Just out of curiousity, have you factored in the $100 savings available when buying a 755 and 950 together?

#14077 - 10/29/04 11:58 AM Re: Which amp to choose?
dirtyschultz Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: emerson, nj
Hi Gonk,

Thanks for answering my post, I enjoy reading your reviews and posts on this message board and find your insight quite informative.

I have not only considered the combo, but the b-stock 950/755 combo which comes with free shipping, so the money I "save" I will in turn give right back to Outlaw for cables(haha).

The anthem amp I was considering was sold so it looks like its down to sunfire vs outlaw. I will make my decision this weekend and act on monday. Then I will become a offical "outlaw"!!!!

#14078 - 10/29/04 01:10 PM Re: Which amp to choose?
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
I have never been a huge fan of Carver equipment in the past so I have not auditioned the Sunfire line. I can tell you that I have had experience with Adcom, B&K, Anthem, Lexicon and of course Outlaw amplifiers in the past and present. The Outlaw amplifiers are a much better value for the money than any of these competitors. They easily stand toe to toe with Adcom and B&K at half of the price. Anthem and Lexicon are superior products, but again not 3 to 4 times the price superior. If you get a 950-combo system not only do you get the $100.00 discount, but you have 30 days to audition in your home and decide whether you have made the right choice at no risk. I do not know any other audio company doing that right now and their customer service and tech support are ridiculously good.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts