Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13761 - 09/10/04 09:37 AM Hum from Mono Blocks
xzmr63 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Flint Twp., MI USA
I have my fronts connected to a pair of mono blocks for the last 6 months. About a week ago I noticed a hum coming from the fronts. It goes away if I powerdown the amps. I haven't dones a lot of troubleshooting yet, just wondering if anyone knows what could cause this. Nothing has changed with my system. I did add a wireless router to may computer in the next room and got a black lab puppy. Other than those 2 things...nothing else has changed. Oh yeah, I'm having an addition built on to the house. Thx in advance. D. Kemp

#13762 - 09/10/04 01:23 PM Re: Hum from Mono Blocks
NormanB Offline
Gunslinger

Just a wild guess. Any change the contractor who's doing your addition done any electrical work lately? They may have messed up the house ground with their work. Nothing else that you listed should have effected your system.

[This message has been edited by NormanB (edited September 10, 2004).]

#13763 - 09/10/04 02:06 PM Re: Hum from Mono Blocks
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
As Norman says, electrical work that might have put something else on that circuit or otherwise tinkered with the main panel could be a candidate. I'd also check to see if any wiring had shifted around (which has been the source of hum in my system in two of the three cases I've had such problems - the third was kitchen appliances when the kitchen and home theater were on the same circuit) - the new puppy might have bumped into things and pushed some signal and power cables too close together. Does powering down components upstream of the amps have any effect, or turning off the new wireless router?

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
patm1198 1
Helson 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts