Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13513 - 07/04/04 02:45 PM line conditioners
BrettCottel Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ceres, CA USA
anyone have some good threads to read on line conditioners? here or maybe avsforum?
Have a 950/7100 combo in a component closet. There I can use it for all components except the samsung dlp 61" TV. Think I should run a dedicated power line to the conditioner for the tv as well? any thoughts on how much bang for the buck is REALLY necessary when choosing a conditioner. I have good reliable power company. thanks , Brett

------------------
;-)
Klipschorn front R
Klipsch Belle front left
Kilpsch Cornwall II's rear
Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds
Outlaw LFM-1
64" Samsung Plasma 8500
Amazon off air receiver
MX 850 Remote
Zappiti NAS RIP
Zappiti pro 4K HDR

#13514 - 07/05/04 12:58 AM Re: line conditioners
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
as little as possible that guarantees the connected gear. if your power is good, the line conditioner cannot make it any better... there is talk here about them...

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#13515 - 07/05/04 11:52 AM Re: line conditioners
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Do a search on this forum wher this topic has been discussed at length. Personally, I recommend the TrippLite Isobar units which are intended for professional users and facilities. Since they don't carry the marketing baggage of consumer gear, they are also less expensive than most.

#13516 - 07/08/04 10:50 PM Re: line conditioners
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Do a search on this forum wher this topic has been discussed at length. Personally, I recommend the TrippLite Isobar units which are intended for professional users and facilities. Since they don't carry the marketing baggage of consumer gear, they are also less expensive than most.

The only thing you lose with the Tripplite is power triggers. I personally wanted this feature which sort of limited me to the more consumer oriented brands (e.g. Panamax and Monster) If this isnt an issue or desire for you then the Triplite model looks great.

#13517 - 11/29/04 01:01 AM Re: line conditioners
97db Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: St. Louis MO.
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Hi I looked at the Tripplite sight...very interested in power conditioners they offer....how do I size them up for what I need? Do I go with the total wattage ratings of my equipment or what? Thanks for turning me on to them.

#13518 - 11/30/04 05:10 PM Re: line conditioners
BrettCottel Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ceres, CA USA
I ended up get a panamax unit...the real important thing is to get a sales rep that knows what he is talking about. You'll need to isolate the monitor, sub, and all other components, including their patch cable to really protect your system. I noticed a difference in sound after installing the panamax. Seems I can hear suble things I could'nt catch before in movies surround tracks. good luck!
Klipschorn front R
Klipsch Belle front left
Kilpsch Cornwall II's rear
Klipsch RS-3 Surrounds
Outlaw LFM-1
64" Samsung Plasma 8500
Amazon off air receiver
MX 850 Remote
Zappiti NAS RIP
Zappiti pro 4K HDR

#13519 - 11/30/04 08:35 PM Re: line conditioners
The Spatula Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Southern California
Bought a Monster 3500 MK II, works great. There was a slight difference in Audio, but the Video difference was huge. Have no complaints with the unit.

#13520 - 11/30/04 09:24 PM Re: line conditioners
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
unless the unit is regulating voltage or current or the likes, then why not just buy an ac filter, because that is all that you are paying for other than a surge strip. would come out a lot cheaper i presume.

#13521 - 12/01/04 03:57 PM Re: line conditioners
tekdredger Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Franklin, WI
Is anyone familiar with Running Springs power conditioners?

#13522 - 12/01/04 04:13 PM Re: line conditioners
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
If I was going to spend that much on a power conditioner I would probably buy one of THESE

I currently use two monster units since I have my DVR, 2 amps and my TV on one rack and all other components on the other. For me the benefit of these units is also in the fact that by running my satellite/cable/antenna through the units I remove any potential ground loops. I realized this when I had a ground loop problem in my old house. Even redoing all the outside grounds and consolidating them with heftier bridging cable only reduced the hum but did not eleiminate it. As soon as I connected in the monster unit and ran the satellite and antenna cables through the unit the hum disappeared. So there are additional benefits from these units beyond "simple filters". Never a good idea to pre-sume/ass-ume smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 132 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts