Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#13503 - 06/28/04 07:59 PM Warrenty Coverage for used products?
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Folsom, CA, USA
Does Outlaw allow warranty transfers for used equipment? If so how does the process work.

Thanks,

Justin

#13504 - 06/28/04 10:46 PM Re: Warrenty Coverage for used products?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I just noticed your post about a used 1050 replacing an old Yamaha pro-logic; I made a similar upgrade a few years ago and was very pleased, and hope you have the same success. Outlaw's warranties are transferrable, but I do not know what needs to be done to facilitate the transfer.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#13505 - 06/29/04 01:34 AM Re: Warrenty Coverage for used products?
jprichar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Folsom, CA, USA
Thanks Gonk. I really wanted to do the 950/7100 but they were more than my budget would allow at this time. But I really wanted to give Outlaw a try and a used 1050 is a relativly inexpensive way to do that. I think the 1050 only has a 2 year warrenty so isn't the focus of my question. The warrenty question is more around coverage on a used Outlaw multi channel amp if I can find one. Do you know who I can ask or where to post a warrenty transfer question? Thanks

#13506 - 06/29/04 07:47 AM Re: Warrenty Coverage for used products?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I'd contact Outlaw customer support. That the warranty is transferrable is definite. Whether there needs to be any official notification of the change in ownership is where I'm unsure -- when I sold my 1050 a couple years ago, I let Outlaw know who I'd sold it to since the warranty was still in effect, but I don't know if that is actually required.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#13507 - 06/29/04 11:01 AM Re: Warrenty Coverage for used products?
Eat The Rude Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Virginia, USA
I recently transferred the warranty on a 950 so I'm somewhat familiar with the process. Just call Outlaw Customer Service (866-688-5292) and they will walk you through the process. They will need the serial number of the component along with the name of the previous owner (if you know it). They will take your name/address/etc. and check into the history of the unit. Once they've ascertained the origin you should receive the balance of the warranty from the original sales date and will be considered a "B-stock" customer. Outlaw was very prompt in calling me back and has a reputation for superior service. If your component didn't come from the original purchaser I'm not sure how Outlaw handles it but if you call them I'm sure they'll be happy to explain their policies to you.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts