JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Go to a car audio forum and say that.

#13402 - 06/08/04 12:37 AM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
jt can comment on how good bose is, he uses them currently....

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.

#13403 - 06/08/04 12:41 AM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

as someone who used to sell audio/video products including BOSE, i always just politely smiled and said yeah they are convenient when someone commented how great BOSE was. now if they ever tried to compare BOSE with another speaker directly and still said they thought the BOSE was better was when i had to just smile and say nothing... not to mention that the lifesytle systems are very prone to problems with the dvd player. however the 321 usually is the best selling htib in the country!

------------------

#13404 - 06/08/04 12:42 AM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

at least the kid ran you off before you wasted your money on a plasma...

------------------

#13405 - 06/08/04 10:02 AM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
Regarding factory-installed audio in a vehicle: I’m sure the auto makers were primarily concerned with audio quality and hardly cared at all about marketing.

Can anyone say, “marketing?”

The percentage that Bose garners in automobile is once again a testament to their marketing department and the reputation among the average consumer, deserved or not.

A lot of car salesmanship is based on giving the consumer a good feeling, regardless of whether or not there is real substance to back it up. I’m not trying to put down all car sales people from the home office through to the local dealer. (I’d rather talk to the designers, engineers and builders.) But if I can hardly rely on the marketing and sales team for truly accurate information about vehicles, why would I rely on their judgement about audio?

#13406 - 06/08/04 10:29 AM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Well I'm glad no one considers me a brute My guess is he went and told his buddies at BB what I said and they told him I was just some jerk who didn't know what I was talking about. Curegeorg I was just looking at the plasma's but my RPTV makes me happy. If I ever did upgrade it would be to front projection. I wish I had a dollar for every $100,000 Bose spent on marketing. I'd retire

Lasher

#13407 - 06/08/04 12:12 PM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Quote:
Originally posted by bestbang4thebuck:
Regarding factory-installed audio in a vehicle: I’m sure the auto makers were primarily concerned with audio quality and hardly cared at all about marketing.

Can anyone say, “marketing?”

The percentage that Bose garners in automobile is once again a testament to their marketing department and the reputation among the average consumer, deserved or not.

A lot of car salesmanship is based on giving the consumer a good feeling, regardless of whether or not there is real substance to back it up. I’m not trying to put down all car sales people from the home office through to the local dealer. (I’d rather talk to the designers, engineers and builders.) But if I can hardly rely on the marketing and sales team for truly accurate information about vehicles, why would I rely on their judgement about audio?

No kidding. There is no reason for their car setups to sounds worlds better than their HT setups. Look at the people giving those setups high marks. It's the same guys that praise the HT stuff so much.

#13408 - 06/08/04 12:12 PM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
Iggy The Dog Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: The Dog House
Will:

While the list of OEM car systems sounds (no pun intended) interesting, did it ever occur to you that since the audio system is tied to the car's purchase there may be just a small list of other reasons why people buy the cars. Perhaps at the end of teh day it might be a deal maker or breaker. Or, at the start of the sale it might be what brings a customer into the showroom. However, it is hard to believe that people are rushing to buy Acura TLs because of the great sounding Panasonic sound system. Certainlly, people who buy Hummer H1s may have other things on their minds besides the earth-pounding sound of the Monsoon sound system. (One has to wonder what percentage of THOSEE are immediately ripped out and replaced with after-market systems that cost more than some of the cars in the second half of the list!)

My limited exposure to cars (only when they take me to the vet -- or even worse, to get groomed!) may not be of much value, but even us doggies know that while some of the OEM systems DO sound good (Levison in Lexus, for example), others are, well, decent quality, but not comperable to a good aftermarket system.

But what do I know, I'm only a dog!

ARF ARF, says Iggy

ARF, ARF says Iggy

#13409 - 06/08/04 01:30 PM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

The Marc Levinson setup in the Lexus is the only one of any of those I hear come up. Well that and an Aston Martin setup that's supposed to be unreal. Don't bother bringing up the sub 30k cars.

#13410 - 06/08/04 02:22 PM Re: I've been a BAAAD Outlaw
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

From Iggy The Dog
It is hard to believe that people are rushing to buy Acura TLs because of the great sounding Panasonic sound system.

According to this the 2004 Acura TL pushes the auto sound envelope! It's got DVD-Audio, is Bluetooth equipped, and the control is the LCD screen on the navigational display!

Now, doggone it, Iggy it just doesn't get much better than that in 2004!

Will

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts