Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#1339 - 02/19/02 04:05 PM Hook up Question
M.Shawn Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Saginaw, TX, USA
Well, my new Outlaw 1050 is sitting on the shelf and looks sooooo good. Now I have to hook it up. My question concerns running video signals from the source, through the receiver and to the TV. Do manufacturers include video inputs/outputs for a) on-screen displays, b) to allow users with limited inputs on their TV to get multiple sources or c) all of the above?

Do I have to have ANY video source going through the receiver?

Thanks, y'all!

#1340 - 02/19/02 04:59 PM Re: Hook up Question
Mark Offline
Gunslinger

MShawn,

Welcome to the Outlaw family!

The best way is go to the source (DVD player, Video player, ect…) to the TV for picture.

Direct all sound to the receiver, of course. On my DVD player, I am using an opitcal cable directly into the 1050. On the Video player, I have the audio RCA's going to the 1050.

I am fairly new to the HT/Audio so others might give you better direction. But how I have it set up works great for me.

#1341 - 02/19/02 05:02 PM Re: Hook up Question
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Some receivers use on-screen displays to handle configuration. The 1050 does not; all unit settings can and are handled through the 1050's display. The 1050's video switching is there purely as a convenience (hook multiple sources to a TV). You do not have to have any video signals going through your receiver.

In case you do make use of the 1050's video switching, you might want to keep in mind that the 1050 does not convert between composite and S-Video (so if you hook your VCR up to the Video1 input with composite video and connect your DVD with S-Video, the composite video monitor output will not see the DVD player's video signal). Simple solution is to use all composite or all S-Video.

------------------
Gonk

Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts