Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 >
Topic Options
#13094 - 05/26/04 03:13 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:
The sad thing is they only got really hammered by 3 or 4 people. ...

Jed,

actually, at the time, there were closer to a dozen folks on several forums (5 that i can recall) who seemed to have made it their life's ambition to slap down any positive comments about Outlaw.

Quote:
... Reading that thread Pat is referring to makes me shake my head at the immaturity of the people who just couldn't wait. ...

and that was one of the more civil threads! there were at least two whole threads that i can recall that were actually deleted. one on each of the two "big" forums.

Quote:
... If I would have replied I know I wouldn't have been able to keep my composure like Pat did.

i'm not so sure i kept it all that well all the time back then ... a lot of the attacks were quite personal. but i tried. thanks for noticing. maybe i did better than i thought i had.

pat----

#13095 - 05/26/04 03:51 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

Maybe I'm wrong, but the ability for anyone to post anonymously has got to be the number one reason why some threads / posts are less than civil.

Personally, and again this is just my opinion, I feel that the courage of your convictions should be backed-up by the courage to use your real name. Anyone who posts in an uncivilized manner using anything but, is simply a coward.

Jeff Mackwood

#13096 - 05/26/04 04:52 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
musiciseverything Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Missouri
"I feel that the courage of your convictions should be backed-up by the courage to use your real name. Anyone who posts in an uncivilized manner using anything but, is simply a coward."

Jeff, amen to that. I believe that there is too much money at stake in the retail world of audio and when companies like Outlaw bypass the retail, the retail folks feel threatened. In this case, the quality of the product is not the issue, just the money.

Tom G

[This message has been edited by musiciseverything (edited May 26, 2004).]

#13097 - 05/26/04 07:20 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally posted by psklenar:

As for the Vifa's ... they're not available in North America at this time.

Well, they are, kind of. You can get kit speakers from Madisound that use Vifa drivers. I did and I like them a lot.

#13098 - 05/26/04 07:21 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Spiker Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Middle Earth
(Duplicate post)

[This message has been edited by Spiker (edited May 26, 2004).]

#13099 - 05/26/04 08:06 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
Maybe I'm wrong, but the ability for anyone to post anonymously has got to be the number one reason why some threads / posts are less than civil.

Personally, and again this is just my opinion, I feel that the courage of your convictions should be backed-up by the courage to use your real name. Anyone who posts in an uncivilized manner using anything but, is simply a coward.

Jeff Mackwood

Are you speaking of audio people? I mean like the Outlaws such as Scott or other manufacturers, or everybody? I like being somewhat anonymous and let some people know more as I get to know them better. I used to post here under my real name, but I just wasn't comfortable with it. I switched and felt much better. Anyone remember the other one?

#13100 - 05/26/04 08:56 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Quote:
Anyone remember the other one?
Keyser Soze?

#13101 - 05/27/04 12:22 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jeff Mackwood Offline
Desperado

JT,

I was very careful in my choice of words.

I respect that people wish to remain anonymous. However I don't respect when they hide behind it while behaving in a disrespectful manner.

As I have posted previously, I'm all for good healthy debate and disagreement - anonymous or otherwise. But if someone feels so strongly about a point that they must resort to hurling insults to try to make it, unless they shed their cloak of anonymity while doing so, I would consider them a coward to their convictions.

That's how I feel in my daily life - and I see no reason why I should feel any different when I'm in a forum such as this.

But I certainly meant no disrespect to anyone who simply wants to remain anonymous.

Jeff Mackwood

#13102 - 05/27/04 01:50 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
i am interested to see if the outlaws put multiroom in the 1070 seeing as they asked us to help product plan. the results from that were mixed i guess, with a slight unforunate edge to dont have it... does anyone know?

#13103 - 05/27/04 01:52 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
curegeorg Offline
Desperado

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:
Quote:
Anyone remember the other one?
Keyser Soze?

that is a very good movie, especially the first time you see it. made me start to like kevin spacey.

Page 11 of 17 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM