Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >
Topic Options
#13084 - 05/24/04 02:43 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
I know what you mean about the Outlaw Bashers. I started the thread over at AVS because I believed they would want to see the pic's. Instead of getting feedback the bashers came out in force(and they go out of their way to get there first). It really is sad to think that new comers to that forum will get such a bad impression of Outlaw.

Lasher

#13085 - 05/24/04 03:38 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
The dark side can have a strong influence over the weak-minded! Lol! Seriously, if people want to spend there money on what they feel fits there needs, aint nothin' gonna stop'em! I deal with this regularly at my part time gig with Home Depot. People will ask my opinion about what products to use for a specific job and there will always be a percentage who will do it the cheap/get it done for as little as possible route. It is SCARY the ideas some people have about how to do things. That being said, if I could swing a 1070, those rounded edges would match my Ascend 170's to a tee!

#13086 - 05/24/04 04:13 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
The thread I started at HTF has gone pretty well but relatively unnoticed. I was impressed that it brought Razvan out of the woodwork. That guy never ceases to amaze me.

As far as why Outlaw has a negative feel on other forums, I'm not real sure. I can say that Outlaw does seem to have pretty fierce loyalty that can be taken to a fault. I think some Outlaws take criticism of the products personally, when its obviously not. The same devoted following has plagued Rocket speakers on AVS also. Why anybody would read AVS unless they are looking for a projector is beyond me. A bunch of fanboys fighting all day, not to mention its run like a frickin prison. But that's off topic.

Personally I can't wait to find out more about this receiver (1070). I really like the looks.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 24, 2004).]

#13087 - 05/24/04 11:54 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Mono Man Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Princeton, NJ
The Outlaws reached out to masses at the Home Entertainment Show. The tempest in the A/V forums seemed to matter little as erstwhile Peter relentlessly belted out the words "quality and value" to all those who would brave the lines to see and hear the Outlaw sound and vision, hour after hour, day after day. I don't know where they get the juice to do it.
They almost made the walls fall down. (As matter of fact in one of Peters rare moments of repose, he leaned over and almost knocked the scaffolding that supported their projector down. Scott, ever the watchdog discreetly screamed "PETER!!!")

Good show. Good product. I proudly tip my new Outlaw cap to them and look forward to
their bountiful future.

PS: Arica9 TKR

#13088 - 05/26/04 08:48 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
polonius Offline
Gunslinger

I'm guessing it'll be priced around $700 to be competitive with the $1000 MSRP gang [H/K AVR630, Denon 3805, Onkyo TXNR801, Marantz SR-7400, Yamaha RXV-2400 & NAD T753]. While I'm at it I'll also predict a sweet deal if packaged with the LFM-1, say $1149.

#13089 - 05/26/04 09:02 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jed M:
The thread I started at HTF has gone pretty well but relatively unnoticed. I was impressed that it brought Razvan out of the woodwork. That guy never ceases to amaze me. ...

wow! i went and looked at that old thread you found and linked to it ... i guess i'd tried to forget about how nasty some of the exchanges had gotten back then. on the other hand ... i'm actually sort of impressed at my writing ... looking back on my words so many years later, either i write/present far better than i think i do, or someone else wrote all that stuff with my name on it!

pat----

[This message has been edited by psklenar (edited May 26, 2004).]

#13090 - 05/26/04 01:42 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
jeffdavis Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
I've enjoyed seeing the pictures and reading the thoughts and responses in this forum by all who post here. I'm trying to get a handle on the new Outlaw gear to be offered, but one thing has me puzzled. Where is the "official" info from Outlaw? I know that these products are not yet finalized, but come on, give us some high quality photos and some detailed info. We understand that specifications are subject to change before production starts, but it certainly would be nice to have more detail. How about it?
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile

#13091 - 05/26/04 02:19 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
They did that when the 950 was due to be released and got hammered for it. The original release date was pushed back and many eager consumers took offense. The Outlaws have learned a hard lesson on giving out too much early info. Let's just give'em the benefit of the doubt!

#13092 - 05/26/04 02:58 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
The sad thing is they only got really hammered by 3 or 4 people. Reading that thread Pat is referring to makes me shake my head at the immaturity of the people who just couldn't wait. If I would have replied I know I wouldn't have been able to keep my composure like Pat did.

I think Outlaw could release more information as long as they don't hint at release dates like they did during the 950 debacle. Just tell us, "its coming and if you can't wait there are other products on the market." As much as I love Outlaw, in all fairness they did do a good job in their newsletters of trying to persuade you to not buy anything else and just wait because the 950 was just around the corner. That I believe was the heart of most peoples beef with Outlaw. If they just cut that out of the mix I don't see how giving us info is harmful.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 26, 2004).]

#13093 - 05/26/04 03:10 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
We will probably see a newsletter at some point summarizing what they were showing (model number, basic features). As cadboy has said, however, Outlaw will in all likelihood leave this information intentionally general to avoid the feeding frenzy of interest (and subsequent product bashing) that will result. Once they have some pre-production or beta production units in hand and feel that they're down to final tweaking and maunfacturing ramp-up, they'll start offering more details.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 177 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts