Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >
Topic Options
#13074 - 05/23/04 04:37 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Gonk,

Quote:

The color on pat's pics looks to be more accurate.

Based on your pictures, the 1070 looks blue. But you're saying that's not as accurate as Pat's pictures which shows the 1070 as being, really, black. If so, the wonders of photography never cease to amaze!

#13075 - 05/23/04 06:21 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Will, trust me that metal can often photograph inaccurately. I've got a picture somewhere of a fine silver plaque that looks green (fitting for this forum ) because of nearby grass. Looking at desperado's pics and Pat's pics, it is clear that the overall color balance in Pat's shots is closer to true.

I'm surprised no one else has made mention of the absence of green power buttons...

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#13076 - 05/23/04 06:32 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
...I'm surprised no one else has made mention of the absence of green power buttons...

I did in NYC & eyes just rolled.

btw, I wrote and asked about the RS232 (believe it or not, I didn't notice that until I was working on the photos last night) and Peter wrote back this morning to say that it IS for upgrade purposes.

pat----

#13077 - 05/23/04 06:43 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Its funny you say that Gonk. After I got done writing my opinion of the 2150 and 1070 in my last post, I wrote that I liked the look of the new amp without the green power button, but then I decided to erase it right before I posted because I didn't want to go down that road again.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 23, 2004).]

#13078 - 05/23/04 08:03 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
arica9 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Bethel, CT, USA
I went to the show on Friday and could have spent a lot more time. So much to wander around and see/hear. However as this is the home of Outlaw, I wanted to add only a couple of things to what has already been reported. The feature was the LFM and it completely blew me away (and many others I heard talking through the halls as well). Really an amazing sub and even more so for the price.

The 2150 completely caught my attention (and the part of me that really wants stuff) It is truly something to see. I can assume the sound will be there as well. It stands out in a field of plain vanilla looking components. It would be a great beginning to a seperate 2 channel system. Also, as for the queries about color, I am remebering the non silver details as blue on the 2150.

Finally, there were only three or four rooms that had lines waiting to get inside. No matter when my travels brought me back by the Outlaw room, the line was always there. In a show packed with possible stops, this made me feel great about Outlaw.
As Peter told me when I stopped to say how much I loved the components (he had asked who in the room were owners and three of us all had 950/770), "Tell your friends about us we're only a small company".
Yeah I said but you're growing in all the right ways.

Great company, knowledgable community of Outlaws and a pleasure to be a part of.

#13079 - 05/23/04 11:57 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Does Peter still run another larger audio company, besides Outlaw?

#13080 - 05/24/04 09:07 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
DollarBill Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Durham, CT
Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Does Peter still run another larger audio company, besides Outlaw?

I don't know but the speakers used in the room were Vifas, not ATs.

#13081 - 05/24/04 09:22 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
psklenar Offline
Desperado

I'm 99.99% sure that he is still in charge of Atlantic Technologies as well.

As for the Vifa's ... they're not available in North America at this time. They did sound pretty nice. But as another poster wrote (I think it was on this forum), the real goal of the demo's they were running was to show off the LFM-1.

pat----

#13082 - 05/24/04 10:26 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Andrew jc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Worcester,MA
Pat thanks for posting the pictures of the 1070. It should be an interesting 6 months around here. Anyone know why Outlaw is being hammered in the other forums?

#13083 - 05/24/04 10:43 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
psklenar Offline
Desperado

To be honest, damned if I know. Ever since they released the original Model 1050 over four years ago they've tended to attract a very polarized response ...

There are some people who are appalled that a company would cut out the local a/v retailer - During the beta and release of the Model 950, there was at least one rep from a competitor who sold only via the retail channel who was bad mouthing the Outlaws to no end. Of course, he did so under an pseudonym, but he was recognized by the Outlaws.

There are some who, for some unknown reason, have had a personality clash with the Outlaws. There are some who refuse to accept the Outlaws as the designers of their own equipment and believe them to be nothing more than re-badge artists. There are some who have spent a lot more than what Outlaw charges for their equipment who can't accept that someone else could produce a product that sounds as good, or nearly so, for so much less than they paid. etc etc etc.

pat----

Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17 >

Who's Online
1 registered (butchgo), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts