Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >
Topic Options
#13004 - 05/18/04 12:54 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Hmmmm....I know a new receiver is coming. Maybe it's the 2nd item then

#13005 - 05/18/04 01:01 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Try the third (second MAJOR item though). Second item is a DVI cable.

#13006 - 05/18/04 01:48 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

That's what I meant! 2nd MAJOR product, once removed from a distant cousin of the 1050

#13007 - 05/18/04 02:18 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
I am guess (hope) there will be a 1050 replacement. A new pre/pro would be cool also. If I get a pair of free tickets I may be able to post some photos ASAP. If they have a hotspot in the show perhaps I can do it live. Did anyone hear from them about the tickets. I am guessing that since I didn't I will not be getting any.

#13008 - 05/18/04 02:27 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
I would hope that one of the Outlaws would bring their own digital camera and make those pic's available for download here on the site. How bout it Scott your the moderator here? Bring your loyal customers back some pic's to drool over

Lasher

#13009 - 05/18/04 02:33 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Quote:
Originally posted by desperado:
I am guess (hope) there will be a 1050 replacement. A new pre/pro would be cool also. If I get a pair of free tickets I may be able to post some photos ASAP. If they have a hotspot in the show perhaps I can do it live. Did anyone hear from them about the tickets. I am guessing that since I didn't I will not be getting any.

I already heard back that I didn't get the tickets. That would leave me to believe that you weren't one of the lucky ones...

#13010 - 05/18/04 02:38 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Yeah, I want to say the last one is a new receiver, but it's the first one that is throwing me off. The first one has to be an amp. I keep thinking that they'd make a more competitive pre/pro to go with it. Otherwise I don't know if the new amp would be all that great of an idea. We'll have to see what the amp has though.

I also just thought that maybe it is a new receiver and it shares amplifier technology with the new amp they seem to be releasing. The receiver would more than likely have more basic features (or not as many advanced ones depending on how you lok at it) than the pre/pro and therefore be ready for market sooner, especially with them not having the 1050 anymore. The receiver seems like a huge market for them that they would really be missing out on.

#13011 - 05/18/04 03:01 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
My best guess is still that (1) the first new product almost has to be an amp of some sort, (2) the 1050's replacement has to be high on their priority list, meaning it has to be in there somewhere, and (3) while a successor for the 950 is sure to be in development, the hints make me think they're leaving it under wraps a while longer. I've always assumed that we'll see a new receiver before we see a new pre/pro because it only makes sense for them to have started working on at least the groundwork for a 1050 replacement before a 950 replacement -- which means it's likely to show up first.

The amp could be a digital switching amp (perhaps developed both for a new receiver and for a standalone package) or a high power two-channel amp to finish out their line-up. As for the tie-in between the second major product (presumably a receiver) and the other new goodies, it could be that the receiver's amp modules are related to the new amp. It could also be something particularly unexpected, like a receiver with DVI switching. If it weren't for the need to replace the 1050 in their line-up, I'd assume that the second major product could be a universal DVD player with upscaling and DVI output (wouldn't that be interesting) -- but the only way I see for that to work would be if the first new product is a receiver, and like JT I'm more or less convinced it's an amp.

Or I could be way off on all of these and they're going to unveil a wall plaque of the original Outlaw logo (the one that adorned the front of the good ol' Model 750's) and a fluorescent light that doubles as a backlight for HD displays (edit: like these lights ) as well as an art light for the logo plaque...

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

[This message has been edited by gonk (edited May 18, 2004).]

#13012 - 05/18/04 03:19 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:

Or I could be way off on all of these and they're going to unveil a wall plaque of the original Outlaw logo (the one that adorned the front of the good ol' Model 750's) and a fluorescent light that doubles as a backlight for HD displays (edit: like these lights ) as well as an art light for the logo plaque...

Sweet! I'll take one.

#13013 - 05/18/04 04:23 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

7.1 Ch. receiver, very feature-rich, sleek new industrial design. Probably NOT digital amp technology as I would think they would want to come out with a separate one first. Analog-direct bass-management? I think they will leave that up to the ICBM for now. HD component video switching? Could be. Web accessibility?

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM