Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >
Topic Options
#12994 - 05/17/04 09:22 PM Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Quote:
NEW PRODUCT PREVIEWS

Along with the latest version of the RR 2150, we will be previewing two major
new products and two additions to our line of cables during the Home
Entertainment Show. We don’t want to tip our hats on this until the Show opens,
but here are some hints:

· The first new product is a prototype of a new model in the category that gave
us our start. Its combination of specifications and price will create a unique
package that will set a new benchmark for high performance.

· Recognizing that the digital television transition is finally picking up
steam, and with the knowledge that DVI and/or HDMI connectivity is part of all
the new digital video displays, satellite receivers, cable set-tops and HDTV
off-air tuners, we will announce two additions to our line of high value cable
and interconnect products. One will be DVI-D to DVI-D interconnects in a variety
of lengths and with the quality and value that Outlaw’s cable products have come
to represent. The other are DVI-D to HDMI interconnects that allow you to bridge
source products and displays that have one of the two digital interconnects, but
not both.

· The second major product is one that we’re keeping completely under wraps
until the show opens with only one hint. This model is related to some of the
items previewed above. While it will not be available until the end of this year
we felt it was time to give everyone a peek at an important “work in progress.”

So who's guessing what? First one has got to be an amp. Wonder what it'll have. Could balanced lines be an option? :drool: I have no idea how much power or how many channels. It's specs have got to be through the roof for them to say it like that.

DVI cables? Don't you need a DVI connection? Could the other big item be a new, highly anticipated pre-pro? I think they would have worded the hint differently if it was a receiver, could be wrong though.

#12995 - 05/17/04 10:24 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I was thinking the same about the first item: amp. Maybe a two-channel amp?

The DVI-D cable is intriguing -- I just tracked down one for my new TV, and there aren't many reasonably-priced ones available. There are a slew of absurdly overpriced ones, but only a few sanely priced.

The real big tease is clearly the last one. Very curious. Whatever gunslingers happen to make it past the show should drop into the forum and let us know what they find out, maybe even grab a couple pictures.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links

#12996 - 05/17/04 11:14 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

The DVI cable is what had me thinking Pre/Pro. The letter says item 3 is related to 1 & 2. I don't know if they'd put a connection like that on a receiver unless they are following the market trend of the mainstream brands. And that would most likely be a pretty high end receiver if the went that route. It just seems more fitting to a pre/pro following Outlaw's tradition of value. Unless that connection is a LOT cheaper than we have been led to believe. How is the availability of DVI now compared to say a year ago?

As for the (supposed) amp, I imagine that they tried to do something with the size and weight at least. That seemed to be a pretty universal critique of their other big ones. Two-channel? Maybe. I really don't know where to go, except to grab a towel and wipe up the drool.

#12997 - 05/17/04 11:29 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jeff Aguilar Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
I think the first item is going to be a new receiver. Especially since they have discontinued the 1050.

I was thinking that the other one that is due out by the end of the year may be a dvd player. Who knows. If it is, I suspect it will be of the same quality as the rest of thier products. Which of course, is VERY good and affordable.

Jeff Aguilar

#12998 - 05/17/04 11:39 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
They did say you would get a chance to hear a full Outlaw system. So my guess would be speakers...............now that would be sweeeeet

Lasher

#12999 - 05/18/04 12:54 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I'm in the receiver camp. Its the one thing missing from their line up right now. Although I am sure I will be happy with whatever it is, but heres wishing for a dvd player or the next pre/pro.

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 18, 2004).]

#13000 - 05/18/04 01:08 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
patmunn Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

My guess is product #3 is going to be some kind of video switch. It would be cool if it interfaced with Outlaw's pre/pro or reciever so you could upgrade just the video switching/conversion without having to upgrade your whole system. They could make one that was component only, DVI only, or one with a mixture of imputs.

#13001 - 05/18/04 09:04 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Andrew jc Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Worcester,MA
I think it's a given that a replacement for the 1050 is near. It will be interesting what it will be and when can we get it! Just a wag but I'm guessing it will have DVI or HDMI switching. I'm basing this on the new video cables they are selling. Or at the least the new product is some sort of video switching device. Why sell DVI or HDMI cables if none of your products use it? I hope the Outlaws provide plenty of info at the NY show. I have had the 1050 since it first came out. I'm looking at the Panny SR-XA70 but I'm more than happy to wait and see what the new receiver will offer.

[This message has been edited by Andrew jc (edited May 18, 2004).]

#13002 - 05/18/04 11:36 AM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
Cadboy Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
From information rationed to me, I would say the first item has to be a receiver. 7.1 channel with a very rich feature set to set it apart from the competition(like the 1050 did). Cost would be similar to the original price of the 1050, slightly higher of course, but not to infringe on their seperates pricing.

#13003 - 05/18/04 12:44 PM Re: Outlaw HE Expo Newsletter (partial)
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

IIRC, this (the 750) was Outlaw's first product, not the 1050.

[This message has been edited by JT Clark (edited May 18, 2004).]

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM