Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#12645 - 02/28/04 08:10 AM MP3 player and car cd player
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

My wife and I just bought a '98 Toyota Corolla. Nice car, but it has a single cd player, no cassette. I bought an eDigital MXP 100(really works well) a while back and used a cassette adapter to listen to it in the car we replaced.
I have looked around on the web and have seen the FM adapter, using the radio tuned to a specific station not being used by a broadcaster. This doesn't thrill me for some reason. I guess I'm an old-fashioned gunslinger and like wires for transmitting signal to speakers.
Also, I don't like to bring cds into the car environment. Heat, cold, and trying to change a cd while going 65 doesn't thrill me. The MXP 100 solved those problems, as well as making 18 hours of music available when I use a 1GB microdisk.
Does it look like I need to replace the cd player in the car? I have an old Alpine cassette head unit, but am not happy about doing something that looks terrible. I've put this Alpine into other cars, but I didn't care about the final look so much.

Does anyone know of a way to enjoy my MP3 player in our new(to us) car?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

------------------
The answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is 42. But what IS the Question?

#12646 - 02/28/04 09:43 AM Re: MP3 player and car cd player
michaelstano Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stillwater, OK USA
If you can find a wireless FM modulator for your MP3, that is not a bad way to go. We have a wireless FM modulator for Sirius radio, and the quality is decent--not digital, of course, but as good as an FM radio station. It sounds different in each vehicle, but the quality is tolerable (especially when the alternatives on local radio are totally unacceptable).

Alternately, why don't you burn CDs from your MP3 collection? Should they be damaged from the elements (doubtful), you can just redo them.

Outlaw 950
Parasound HCA 1000Ax3
Klipsch KG 3.2s frt & rr
Klipsch KV 3 ctr
Klipsch KV 2 surr ctr
SVS PB2
Sony CDP-CX355 CD
MonsterPower HTS2500MkII
Mitsubishi DD 8020 DVD
Mitsubishi 46" 16:9 TV

#12647 - 03/01/04 07:51 AM Re: MP3 player and car cd player
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:

Alternately, why don't you burn CDs from your MP3 collection? Should they be damaged from the elements (doubtful), you can just redo them.[/B]

michaelstano,

Thanks for the reply. I could burn CDs, but I don't relish the juggling act it takes to get single discs out of and into the player while driving.
I also enjoy the amount of music I have access to in the MP3 player.
I suspect I'll try the FM modulator.

[This message has been edited by CBWills (edited March 01, 2004).]

Who's Online
0 registered (), 140 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts