Hum heard through Speaker People,

Sounds like Outlaw equipment is susceptible to hum/buzz through the speakers just like my Adcom stuff. When I disconnect the cable TV the hum stops. I had this same problem at three houses. I checked it out and learned that it's due to multiple ground paths (electrical plus cable). I think also that AC is being carried by the cable TV cable and entering my system because the hum is about the 60HZ variety. No cable guy has ever solved the problem. I tried something I read and it worked: On the cable, I went from 75 Ohm to 300 Ohm and back to 75 Ohm... That cut the noise out (but read on). In one of my houses, this only worked if the adapter set was installed at the box where the cable enters the house. During a routine inspection, my cable guy took my adapters out of their box. I went to RadioShack for a replacement and installed. This time the noise was still present. I did obtain my adapters from the cable guy (whew) and found that the certain 75 Ohm to 300 Ohm adapter I was using has a resister within it that the RadioShack model does not. So the conversion is not the solution, but the in-line resister is. I cannot see a difference on my TV with and without the adapters and broadband cable works after the splice as well. http://www.elect-spec.com/video.htm ...I wonder if something like that would work as well. I've never found another 75 Ohm to 300 Ohm adapter that includes a resister except in the one I have that I got in Japan. Speaking of resisters, I had big Yamaha Amps (250 Watt) before American made amps. The Yamaha's were quit and never passed on the hum/buzz, but they didn't have near the punch and control (damping factor) that present amps have. My brother is considering Outlaw, so I came to check you out. I saw this post and know what a headache the hum is so I had to tell my story.