Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#11798 - 08/17/03 09:06 PM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
Nostalgia Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Oh, and thanks for the info on the mic. I have a Digi-Key cat floating around at work, I'll check it out tomorrow.

-Joe

------------------
Remember the Intellivision?
http://www.gotmaille.com/nostalgia/

#11799 - 08/17/03 10:03 PM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by Nostalgia:
I'd be willing to pay the cost to burn and ship some CDs. I'm a huge fan of organ music, as well as organs themselves. Some of the organs in the churches we saw in Ireland were amazing.

-Joe

Why don't you email me your address and I'll put together a CD for you.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited August 18, 2003).]

#11800 - 08/17/03 11:07 PM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Thanks for the info. That custom board sounds really sweet. At my job, we're looking into a rack mount mixer made by Dangerous Audio to handle some duties like that for us. It seems to be the best deal for the money.

Mic placement also helps...sounds like you know the room pretty nicely.

Let me guess....4006

#11801 - 08/20/03 02:31 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
Lasher Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Oak Ridge TN.
Hi soundhound. I'm new here and love reading the post you put up. I would love one of those organ music cd's but i can't find your e-mail address How bout helping a new member out Looking forward to hearing from you!!

Lasher

#11802 - 08/21/03 06:46 PM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
I've been looking at replacing my current subwoofer... it's very musical, but it's lacking in the reall low bass...

So Soundhound or Bossobass, do either of you have designs for your subs?

#11803 - 08/22/03 12:52 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
charlie Offline
Desperado

Wow!

It looks like I sold my house, and Charlie HT 1.x goes with it, so I'm gonna need to start plotting HT 2.0. Suggestions are welcome, and I'd like to arrange to get a copy of that CD if possible, but I'd really like to pay something for it, or trade, or something. I hate to see you get 'SlashDotted' out of existence.

#11804 - 08/22/03 01:29 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
soundhound Offline
Desperado

I think that there may be a "rip and pass it on" thread coming up Stay Tuned.

BTW for the copyright police - the contents of the CDs are NOT copyrighted and NOT commercial. So fuggaboutit!!

#11805 - 08/22/03 04:17 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
AGAssarsson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Washington, DC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
I just purchased an RTA program that allows analysis down to 10Hz.

SH:
I have been using "TrueRTA" from True Audio for almost a year now. The creator, John Murphy, has recommended the Audigy 2 soundcard, used with a compatible and fast PC desktop computer for the best results. He also recommends calibrating the mic (creating a response profile) for certain analysis functions.

I was wondering what PC and soundcard you used for your analysis, as I believe I remember you are a Mac user. Since I use Mac's in my office, I have had to purchase a PC and soundcard to use "TrueRTA" to it's full potential for my work. My son uses the PC when I am not working with it, so it has utility beyond TrueRTA. GAMES, GAMES, and more GAMES.

Also... Mr. Murphy has contributed to some articles on tube vs. solid state amplification that you might find interesting, or perhaps irritating. They are found at the True Audio website under the Tech Topics section.

Thanks... knowing that you have found this software useful is reassuring to me, as I use it for both my work and home hobby.

Allan

#11806 - 08/22/03 10:19 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Allan:

I use a Gateway 450XL laptop and it's line-in jack. I use the line-in calibration function, but the response already pretty flat. The mic is flat to something like 100Khz.

Since you know the author, could you bring up the possibility of having a "Calculator" function where you could subtrack one graph from another and do other comparisons? The "Mac RTA" I use on the Macintosh has this function but only goes down to 20Hz.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited August 22, 2003).]

#11807 - 08/22/03 11:43 AM Re: 10 Hertz FLAT!
bossobass Offline
Desperado

Loc: charlotte, nc usa
Quote:
Originally posted by charlie:
Wow!

It looks like I sold my house, and Charlie HT 1.x goes with it, so I'm gonna need to start plotting HT 2.0. Suggestions are welcome, and I'd like to arrange to get a copy of that CD if possible, but I'd really like to pay something for it, or trade, or something. I hate to see you get 'SlashDotted' out of existence.

I have no doubt that HT 1x had something to do with some fortunate person's decision to buy your house! Congrats!

It's always fun to spend OPM, so suggestions will be no problem.

Unferth,
What sub are you using now?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,692 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM