Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#11253 - 03/25/03 05:27 PM Panamax m5510 Vs. Monster HTPS7000
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
Has anyone compared the Panamax m5510 to the Monster HTPS7000? I am looking at using one of these units with a Monster AVS2000 voltage stabilizer.

#11254 - 03/26/03 12:23 PM Re: Panamax m5510 Vs. Monster HTPS7000
Joshorr Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Boston, MA
I good place to start would be to email Panamax. I did this when I was comparing the Panamax 5100 vs Monster 2600. I got one heck of a responce comparing all the nuts and bolts of the two. It was a multi pagesresponce that was definitely writen to answer my specific questions. I have not purchased either unit (YET!!!) but it sounded like the panamax puts its money more into the actual protection components while Monster is more in the glitz.

#11255 - 04/03/03 08:15 PM Re: Panamax m5510 Vs. Monster HTPS7000
Dane Offline
Gunslinger

I recently bought a Panamax 5100 for my system. Like you, I did not know which way to go. The Monster units look much sexier but cost a couple hundred more. The decision was made when I e-mailed each one with some questions. There was a huge difference in their replies. To make a long story short, I bought Panamax.

Oh, when I buy a line conditioner/power filter that says it can do XYZ. I like to check and see if it really can. First, I have a digital Sony HDTV (40" XBR800) along with a digital Hughes satellite decoder + DVD + CD changer + 70w x 4 stereo receiver. I live way out in the boonies and have a back-up diesel generator for the house. To test the system I switched the entire house over to the genterator; turned on several lights, got the fridge to kick in, ran some hot water to make the elect. water heater run and get the well pump cycling on/off. Nothing hooked up to the Panamax noticed a thing. The picture on the TV never flinched, no specks, no distortion, and there was no noticable change in the audio. In other words...perfect. I went down and dropped the rpm's on the generator to cause a low voltage low frequency situation. Still, everything connected to the Panamax worked perfectly up to the point where it's low voltage protection kicked in. I had the voltage & frequency so low that plain old light bulbs were noticably flickering but the goodies connected to the Panamax didn't notice a thing. Once I bumped the voltage & frequency back up the Panamax turned back on automatically and everything was fine.

PS: Don't mess around feeding your expensive gear crappy power unless you are a gambling man. Did I mention that I love playing craps.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 149 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts