Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#11042 - 02/16/03 09:18 PM Re: soundhound site
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Quote:
Originally posted by thigg:

...i hope they don't mind when we go astray...it's a rainy day in georgia...must be rainin all over the world.

Nah....This seems to be one site where they don't mind where the topic of conversation wanders. And yes, it's been raining like crazy here, and it's getting me itchy to get out and ride. Car people (cagers) generally don't get the logic of that urge

#11043 - 02/18/03 10:14 PM Re: soundhound site
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Stone Mtn., Ga./USA
so, SH where was the site of your wreck story? i had a good one for that. '94 just back from france...went to me oldest daughters for some gab,some music, and a movie. i'm allergic to animals and she has 2 inside..took some proscription stuff and set off on me lil 883. stayed round a few hours...no alcohol..she was out and it was sunday in the bible belt. 11pm (bad pills i learned later)..55mph...blacked out on the sportster in a curve...back roads 30 miles outside atlanta. woke up in a ditch. bike still breathing behind me..tried to get up...passed out...hours went by...woke up with emergency guys pokin tubes down my throat...po-leece asking if i'd been drinking..ER guys screamin at cops to lay off...45minutes to hospital...all black for days...later i learn they tagged me toe. sending me to the ice house...i woke up tho! scarred the pee outta some nice old ladies in white. foot had turned round in my boot...no left knee cap...gone...handle bars thru the chest...knuckles shorn apart by the pavement,chin split open...best rest i've had in 40 years, that nite (nites?).
11 bikes, 2 wrecks...i guess that's the first one that i was declared dead in tho. music never sounded better than today!
(La Kinks: 'living on a thin line': "but does it really matter much, does it ever really matter.. does it ever really matter at all...living on a thin line!")

#11044 - 02/18/03 10:25 PM Re: soundhound site
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Wow, I can't say I've had the experience of being declaired dead! I was just in a housing tract when I had my close encounter. I take corners very seriously now I didn't feel the accident at all - actually I remember it felt sort of like "floating" into some bed before I blacked out. However, it hurt like hell when they poured antiseptic into my open cuts at the hospital. I think that in itself is a good reason not to crash. YMMV.

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#11045 - 02/18/03 11:33 PM Re: soundhound site
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

i didn't really know till days later 'nd a nurse told me bout it. said i freaked a bunch o doctors n staff out. (they're coming to take me away..ha ha)

#11046 - 02/18/03 11:39 PM Re: soundhound site
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

So SH, you got a tin foot wiiide scream?
question: how darn far back do you have to sit?
and i agree, durple just won't do. what did she suggest? i need a mar-garetta.
it was a royal confetti perchance.

#11047 - 02/18/03 11:49 PM Re: soundhound site
soundhound Offline
Desperado

My seat is 15 feet from the screen. The projector is an LCD (Sony VPL 400Q) that has a built in line doubler so there are no scan lines. Actually the picture looks extremely good, especially anamorphic DVDs. I use component on DVD and S-video on satellite, VHS and laserdisc. There is a noticable drop off in sharpness when I use S-video for the DVD player - not huge, but definately noticable.

Burple: a cross between blue and purple. Very cleaver, those paint guys. There's "ghost" graphics under the paint that you can see in the pictures, but don't show up as much in darker lighting situations.

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

#11048 - 02/19/03 12:07 AM Re: soundhound site
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
SH, since this is the SH site, may I ask, I [attempted] to pick up your SM tonight after 2 blue margaritas at Blue Mesa which happens to be conveniently next door to B&N’s. Since (2) is a LARGE # for me. I was in no condition to figure if what I purchased is truly yours.

As long as I don’t break seal, I can keep looking if it’s not. Front cover is just SM with a red prism through the SM chest logo. Back cover….I do not see (garrett) which I had pegged as you, (or did I mix that up?) under Music Ed.listed in credits. But it does start with back cover parg. “Soaring even higher in a state-of-art digital transfer from restored elements”, and the sales person stated this copy was produced (or purchased) in May 2001 looking it up on her PC.

Should I open it?

PS: Thigg did you hear the angels sing (the tunnel), or just go……”what day is it?”

PS: I am going to be in BIG Trouble if I keep hanging out here. Gonks' “Footfall” netted me a spree, buying that and “Mote in God’s Eye” and “Neuromancer” on the same outing which led to: no workie for 24 while I disappeared into them….and tonight cont. on with a much more expensive purchase of one SM movie, one CD (for the heck) and 2 books (which were pricey) of Stephen Hawking's, because Gonk got me started with ‘Footfall’ back onto one of my neglected interests.

You are all a very bad influence.

#11049 - 02/19/03 12:09 AM Re: soundhound site
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

let's see...i'm 19 feet from my screen now...7 feet from the ...seat. okay, you've got an imax there. it's 70 across and one seats about...forget ...forget...still adds up; you've got an imax perspective there. where's my cubans?
i will one-day go a little farthur into that realm. after several decades in tv tho...well ...i jst like the music.

#11050 - 02/19/03 01:03 AM Re: soundhound site
thigg Offline
Gunslinger

SLL, well i guess i get door nmbr 2. (nee-ban). there's a story behind that story. hey, i couldn't keep up with any of of those places. last time i was in dallas...dallas alice..well i've been from tuchem to dallas traveled the back roads so i wouldn't get weighed. & if you'll give me weed wine &...oh, never mind. i thought this was vrb-7601-3421.
there's nothing out there ...but what you want it to be.

#11051 - 02/19/03 01:28 AM Re: soundhound site
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Lena:

As far as I know, they only made one DVD version of the Superman movie. In any event, the number "1013" is on the spine of the DVD in small letters. And yes, the name's right. I suggest you go to the very end of the movie (I think there's a seperate chapter for the restoration credits) and watch. That's the best part of the movie, after all

The "score only" tracks that play along with the movie and the bonus 5.0 tracks on side two were all mixed in my room. The music soundtrack that plays with the sound effects and dialog were mixed on the dubbing stage. They sound different than my mix, but mine sounds more like the master tape sounded, since I did less equalization and such.

You only had TWO margaritas? I think we're dealing with a lightweight here

------------------
The Soundhound Theater

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited February 19, 2003).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 106 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
zuter 1
butchgo 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts