Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10680 - 11/28/02 01:42 AM car audio questions
ltkhuc Offline
Gunslinger

Hi,
I get confused when looking at some car audio gears. I looked at two Minidisc receivers at crutchfield.com. One of which has a slot to insert the disc; the other one does not (or is it hidden??). Do I have to buy a changer (for the second type)? Thanks in advance for your inputs. lk

first one

second one

#10681 - 11/28/02 10:41 AM Re: car audio questions
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
It appears there is an OPEN button on the upper right of the Sony. Pressing this likely powers down the faceplate revealing the loading slot behind the face. This is just a quess but that is how my Pioneer CD player operates.

#10682 - 11/28/02 11:09 AM Re: car audio questions
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
I couldn't quite make out the model number, but the faceplate should move when you press open, revealing the slot for the CD. Receiver only units do exist, but you really have to look for them. If this unit was under a category that can play CDs at crutchfield, then it can play CDs without extras. Double check with Crutchfield on this though. Their tech support is outstanding.

#10683 - 12/03/02 05:21 PM Re: car audio questions
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I'm also considering a minidisc receiver for my car. I have 2 DIN openings; one used by my CD/AMFM/Receiver, the other by a tape deck. I'd like to get a 1 DIN unit that will be CD/Minidisc/AMFM/Receiver, and then shove a CB into the other DIN but I'll use up the second DIN if I have to.

When you're done, if you don't mind, let me know what you pick and how you like it, and what your selection criteria were. Thanks.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10684 - 12/03/02 05:58 PM Re: car audio questions
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Ithkuc. I not up on the latest in formats and minidisc is not familiar territory.

They both have controls to wire a CD changer remotely if you wish to put a CD changer way in the back and run it through the MD receiver. Which is nice, I would not want to lose the ability to play CD’s in the car if I only had one DIN slot and wanted it all in the dash.
Both faceplates are removable (take it with you when you leave the car). The one not ‘showing’ a slot, features removable and ‘folddown’. Folddown and insert MD I assume, I think they use another term for the faceplate that 'flips' to a flat surface to look as if nothing is there. The guys in my sons group don't care about the flip as much, they just want to remove it each time they leave the car. Bringing its own range of danger, I've seen them just set the flaceplates loose in their pockets instead of the carry case. Prob not to good for them.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts