Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10606 - 10/29/02 03:38 AM JASON ANGRY!!!!
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
GRRRRRRR!!!!

JASON ANGRY!

I'm slowly building up a "respectable" dvd collection and I'm building a listing of movies based on numerous "TOP 100" lists. All and all I've had very good luck with a number of titles. But there are a few things that have realy gotten me mad! >

1. Chriteron DVDs...the "new releases" are fairly reasonable. But if you want to pick up a Hitchcock flick it's going to set you back $30-$40 a pop. Even more a copy of Sparticus will wind up costing me close to $50! I mean the SE of Lawerence of Arabia is only $30. Why is a copy of Charade going to set me back an extra $15?

2. Being it's halloween, I wanted to pick up the Classic Universal Monster Movies (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon.) I know they released them a little over a year ago. But they stopped making them...and I cant find a single one in my stores in town. The I know Disney has this practice, but I can forgive them...they are the embodyment of evil after all.... >

3. Fantasia. (the orginal 1940 version) Looks HORRIBLE!!! I have horendous artifacting on my copy. It looks AWEFUL. I compaired it to F2000 and it's no contest. Snow white, a film three years older(1937), looks far better then this.

GRRR...

Jason

#10607 - 10/29/02 04:12 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
Quote:
Originally posted by fmcorps:
GRRRRRRR!!!!
JASON ANGRY!

Calm down, it'll be alright....
Quote:

1. Chriteron DVDs...the "new releases" are fairly reasonable. But if you want to pick up a Hitchcock flick it's going to set you back $30-$40 a pop. Even more a copy of Sparticus will wind up costing me close to $50! I mean the SE of Lawerence of Arabia is only $30. Why is a copy of Charade going to set me back an extra $15?

Try http://www.dvdpricesearch.com they didn't list sparticus but Charade was available for $25 not $50.
Quote:

2. Being it's halloween, I wanted to pick up the Classic Universal Monster Movies (Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Creature from the Black Lagoon.) I know they released them a little over a year ago. But they stopped making them...and I cant find a single one in my stores in town. The I know Disney has this practice, but I can forgive them...they are the embodyment of evil after all.... >

Same here price search found Bride of Frankenstein for $18.53
Quote:

3. Fantasia. (the orginal 1940 version) Looks HORRIBLE!!! I have horendous artifacting on my copy. It looks AWEFUL. I compaired it to F2000 and it's no contest. Snow white, a film three years older(1937), looks far better then this.

Can't help here.

#10608 - 10/30/02 01:58 AM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:

Try http://www.dvdpricesearch.com they didn't list sparticus but Charade was available for $25 not $50.

GRR...JASON FEELING BETTER...CALMER...calmer...calmer....ah. Better now, much better.

Quote:

Same here price search found Bride of Frankenstein for $18.53

Hmmm...not able to find any universal monser pics on web site...but did find dracula on e-bay. Feeling better.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

Can't help here.[/B]

(starts turning green)
GRRRAAAA! JASON GETTING ANGRY!!! JASON SMASH!!!!

JASON SMASH DISNEY AND POOR DVD TRANSFER PRACTICES!!!

GRRAA!!!

#10609 - 10/30/02 09:08 AM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
desperado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Hawaii
DON'T get mad but....

Price search displayed several vendors selling bride of frankenstein such as buy.com however I didn't check that they had it in stock and they did not. The last company did have it in stock for $30 and it says only one per customer since the movie is out of print. I don't know if I trust the company I have never used them.
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/affiliate/member/319/8.asp?page=product.asp& sku=D15632

[This message has been edited by desperado (edited October 30, 2002).]

#10610 - 10/30/02 01:03 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
JASON ANGRY!
'Friday the 13th' score playing in the background.
GRRRAAAA! JASON GETTING ANGRY!!! JASON SMASH!!!!
Exiting forum

#10611 - 10/30/02 02:27 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
/\

Just a bad dream?

[This message has been edited by steves (edited November 01, 2002).]

#10612 - 10/30/02 04:06 PM Re: JASON ANGRY!!!!
JT Clark Offline
Desperado

Loc: IL
Dude! What is that?

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM