Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#10572 - 10/17/02 07:24 PM STACKING
pegasus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ky
I am tring to install a Pioneer 47ai DVD player,the promblem is depth,the pioneer unit is too shallow to stack on.......can I stack on top of my 1050.I have never done it because of concern for the heat,however the 47ai would only cover about 3/5 of the 1050???
Duncan

#10573 - 10/17/02 07:43 PM Re: STACKING
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
I would strongly recommend against it. The 1050 puts off quite a bit of heat, and blocking even half of the ventilation out of the top of the unit will cause both the 1050 and the 47ai to run hot.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#10574 - 10/18/02 01:45 PM Re: STACKING
Shaster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami Florida, USA
I would have to agree, I used to have my multi-disc change ontop of my 1050 and it did ran hot, I since have changed the layout of my stack and the 1050 runs much cooler with the open space above it, and that 3" fan that sucks in the cool air doesn't hurt either...and I do have an exhaust fan as well, I know someone in this forum would catch that (scott)..

#10575 - 10/21/02 06:04 PM Re: STACKING
Mayor D Offline
Gunslinger

I have a fairly small cabinet under my TV, so I need to stack components. I've stacked VHS on top of the receiver, and a DirecTV receiver on top of the VHS (DVD is located elsewhere due to space). To be safe, I added an approximate 3/4" high x 1" wide x 2" long block under each foot of each component, just to create more air space. The blocks are painted black to blend in. The back of my cabinet is open. I have glass doors on the front that I sometimes open and sometimes not. It's worked very well. My components do not run hot.

#10576 - 10/23/02 04:27 PM Re: STACKING
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Don't know about the 1050, but I stack stuff on top of my 755 all the time. Eggs, bacon, scrapple, etc. Works great.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10577 - 10/23/02 06:00 PM Re: STACKING
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mullica Hill, NJ
Scrapple...Is there anything it can't do? Do you use maple syrup or ketchup on yours?
DmC

#10578 - 10/25/02 03:22 PM Re: STACKING
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

If you put a little bit of flour on it before you fry it, it comes up nice and crispy. Then you eat it like you eat bacon, of course: no condiments.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10579 - 10/25/02 11:20 PM Re: STACKING
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Matthew You put THIS on top of your 755?
Ingredients:
1: Grandmother to make sure everything is done "just so"
2: Mother to do most of the preparations. Overseen by ingredient #1
3: Children, big enough to stir the pot but not smart enough to be somewhere else
4: Hog heads (number depending upon how many hogs were killed) About 1/4 of the livers (the rest having been made into liver pudding or fried) Hearts
5: Various and sundry other parts of the pig not used to make other delicacies.
Salt. Sage. Pepper. Maybe a little celery salt to highlight the flavors (optional)
Stone ground white cornmeal

Sacrilege!!!! (I did not know what scrapple was so I looked it up. Gasp)

#10580 - 10/26/02 10:17 AM Re: STACKING
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

But just one taste on a cold wintery day with over-easy eggs on top with their yolks running down, (I can feel my arteries clogging now )and you will be a believer! Matthew likes his plain(sans condiments) Every once in a while I like a little ketchup (Catsup?)or even better, some pure Canadian Maple Syrup on the side. Remember the beta-testers and the 950 reviews? Happy Stacking!!
DmC

[This message has been edited by DMC (edited October 26, 2002).]

#10581 - 10/28/02 10:27 AM Re: STACKING
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Well, Lena, I think that's why it's called "scrapple": it's made from the scraps. But oooh, is it good.

A great man (slang for "I don't know who") once said that anyone who has a respect for laws or sausage should never watch either being made. I think the same goes for scrapple.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10582 - 10/28/02 11:32 AM Re: STACKING
Desperado

I guess I could try Fried Green Tomatoes on top of my 770. I actually saw my grandmother make these once. Scrapple must be one of those northern traditions. Now GRITS, with fresh butter and sugar …that’s not bad, with its bacon neatly on the side, none of that messy stuff.

#10583 - 10/29/02 10:03 AM Re: STACKING
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Believe it or not, I actually often eat scrapple with grits. The thing about grits is, if you put lots of butter and salt on it, it tastes like... butter and salt.

I wonder if this makes me some kind of weird north/south hybrid?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10584 - 10/29/02 03:25 PM Re: STACKING
Desperado

Quote:
it tastes like... butter and salt.

Grits must be in multi geographic use. I think you could make them taste just about like anything you wanted and that’s why I use sugar... Umm. Just don’t go trying snips and snails and Iggy’s tail!!!!.

#10585 - 10/31/02 11:01 AM Re: STACKING
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Hill:
Well, Lena, I think that's why it's called "scrapple": it's made from the scraps. But oooh, is it good.

A great man (slang for "I don't know who") once said that anyone who has a respect for laws or sausage should never watch either being made. I think the same goes for scrapple.

The only way to eat scrapple is to NOT know what it contains. There are a strange few who are nuts enough to be able to eat it with
the knowledge of what's in it.
BTW, the only edible scrapple is Haversetts(spelling?). All other brands pale in comparison.

#10586 - 10/31/02 12:28 PM Re: STACKING
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
What you really need to fry on top of your amp is "Pork Roll" and cheese.

#10587 - 10/31/02 05:44 PM Re: STACKING
Desperado

Quote:
What you really need to fry on top of your amp is "Pork Roll" and cheese.

I think Outlaw should start considering bringing a Dietician on staff if they want to make sure their customers are around for the long haul. Or at bare minimum Producing "The Essential Outlaw Cookbook for Healthy Snacking" for download: Their first recipe could go something like this.

Need a quick snack for that football game. Use the heart healthy capabilities of you 770/750 hot air fryer. Get rid of that greasy old fry pan which seeps your food in those unhealthy saturated animal fats.’
Chapter One: Carrot Sticks: 50 spice selections to jazz up those tired dehydrated carrot recipes, - guaranteed to produce tasty crispy morsels in 5-min or less when unexpected company drops in.

#10588 - 11/01/02 10:33 AM Re: STACKING
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

CbWills- While Habersetts is good, you got to try sum fresh, really fresh, no preservatives Amish (Pennsylvannia Dutch) scrapple. SLL- Could this be included in the cookbook? Remember, NO preservatives Oilcan- Yes indeed, Porkroll on a bacon cheeseburger, locally known as a heart attack on a plate. I'm gittin hungry just thinkin' bout it. I wonder what the Outlaws have up there in New England? I did hear mention of a lobster roll.
DmC

#10589 - 11/01/02 02:09 PM Re: STACKING
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC:
CbWills- While Habersetts is good, you got to try sum fresh, really fresh, no preservatives Amish (Pennsylvannia Dutch) scrapple. DmC

You're right. I didn't even think of Amish scrapple, and I almost live in Lancaster county! Amish buggies go by our house on most Sundays. Sounds like thunder with the metal-covered wheels and the big hollow space
of the passenger area. Low-frequency emissions...an Amish subwoofer??!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM