Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10582 - 10/28/02 11:32 AM Re: STACKING
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I guess I could try Fried Green Tomatoes on top of my 770. I actually saw my grandmother make these once. Scrapple must be one of those northern traditions. Now GRITS, with fresh butter and sugar …that’s not bad, with its bacon neatly on the side, none of that messy stuff.

#10583 - 10/29/02 10:03 AM Re: STACKING
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Believe it or not, I actually often eat scrapple with grits. The thing about grits is, if you put lots of butter and salt on it, it tastes like... butter and salt.

I wonder if this makes me some kind of weird north/south hybrid?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#10584 - 10/29/02 03:25 PM Re: STACKING
Desperado

Quote:
it tastes like... butter and salt.

Grits must be in multi geographic use. I think you could make them taste just about like anything you wanted and that’s why I use sugar... Umm. Just don’t go trying snips and snails and Iggy’s tail!!!!.

#10585 - 10/31/02 11:01 AM Re: STACKING
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew Hill:
Well, Lena, I think that's why it's called "scrapple": it's made from the scraps. But oooh, is it good.

A great man (slang for "I don't know who") once said that anyone who has a respect for laws or sausage should never watch either being made. I think the same goes for scrapple.

The only way to eat scrapple is to NOT know what it contains. There are a strange few who are nuts enough to be able to eat it with
the knowledge of what's in it.
BTW, the only edible scrapple is Haversetts(spelling?). All other brands pale in comparison.

#10586 - 10/31/02 12:28 PM Re: STACKING
Oil Can Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Shelbyville, KY, USA
What you really need to fry on top of your amp is "Pork Roll" and cheese.

#10587 - 10/31/02 05:44 PM Re: STACKING
Desperado

Quote:
What you really need to fry on top of your amp is "Pork Roll" and cheese.

I think Outlaw should start considering bringing a Dietician on staff if they want to make sure their customers are around for the long haul. Or at bare minimum Producing "The Essential Outlaw Cookbook for Healthy Snacking" for download: Their first recipe could go something like this.

Need a quick snack for that football game. Use the heart healthy capabilities of you 770/750 hot air fryer. Get rid of that greasy old fry pan which seeps your food in those unhealthy saturated animal fats.’
Chapter One: Carrot Sticks: 50 spice selections to jazz up those tired dehydrated carrot recipes, - guaranteed to produce tasty crispy morsels in 5-min or less when unexpected company drops in.

#10588 - 11/01/02 10:33 AM Re: STACKING
DMC Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mullica Hill, NJ
CbWills- While Habersetts is good, you got to try sum fresh, really fresh, no preservatives Amish (Pennsylvannia Dutch) scrapple. SLL- Could this be included in the cookbook? Remember, NO preservatives Oilcan- Yes indeed, Porkroll on a bacon cheeseburger, locally known as a heart attack on a plate. I'm gittin hungry just thinkin' bout it. I wonder what the Outlaws have up there in New England? I did hear mention of a lobster roll.
DmC

#10589 - 11/01/02 02:09 PM Re: STACKING
CBWills Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by DMC:
CbWills- While Habersetts is good, you got to try sum fresh, really fresh, no preservatives Amish (Pennsylvannia Dutch) scrapple. DmC

You're right. I didn't even think of Amish scrapple, and I almost live in Lancaster county! Amish buggies go by our house on most Sundays. Sounds like thunder with the metal-covered wheels and the big hollow space
of the passenger area. Low-frequency emissions...an Amish subwoofer??!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM