Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10509 - 09/29/02 08:23 PM Cedia questions
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
I was down there today and thought if anyone had any questions I would try to answer them rather than typing a big long post that nobody would want to read. Outlaw was not there by the way, AT was and Sherbourn. Not to many really new things but lots of stuff to drool over.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#10510 - 09/30/02 02:05 AM Re: Cedia questions
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
I hope you had a good time mmeyer. Did you happen to check out any projectors? More specifically the Sony VPL-HS10? If you did I would love to hear your impressions.

Anything worth telling us about anyway? What stole the show?

#10511 - 09/30/02 01:33 PM Re: Cedia questions
pegasus Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Ky
I am very interested in the new Faroudja DCDi chip.Did you learn anything about them?
And has Sony come up with a better chip?

#10512 - 09/30/02 04:54 PM Re: Cedia questions
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Yes I did take a look at the Sony but I was more impressed with the Sharpvision xv-z10000u and the sim2 300+. They were both very bright and sharp, although I have no idea what they were using for screens. Faroudja was there but like many of the exhibitors, they weren't very friendly and so I didn't stay long. I was very disappointed with the general aloofness from many of the exhibitors.

Matt

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's

#10513 - 10/01/02 09:40 AM Re: Cedia questions
JeffreyMercado Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Queens Village
I am sure the Sharp and the Sim2 looked better but at 3x the price. The sony is supposed to retail for $3000. I think it is a excellent value for what you are getting. After price adjustments I am sure this is the projector to get in this price range.

#10514 - 10/01/02 06:09 PM Re: Cedia questions
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Thats true, not everyone was forthcoming with prices and since I'm not in the FP market I haven't kept up on them. A lot of the show for me was looking at the stuff that I would buy rather then looking at every thing in detail(I did dream a little.). The sony was very nice though. 1 guy at the sharp booth said that a lot of the screens at the show were custom or prototypes, so that might have helped or hurt some.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's

#10515 - 10/16/02 12:17 PM Re: Cedia questions
Shaster Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Miami Florida, USA
M, sorry to hear that you didn't have a wonderful experience at the show, I spent 7 day's there,set-up, the show and tear down, I didn't get to tour the show as much as I would have liked,I was busy at our booth, which I must say that we had very good responses from all visitors, and I wasn't rude once(thought about it). I did get the cold shoulder from some of the vendors when I got a chance to walk around, but I figured it my name tag. Did you get by the Velodyne booth and check out that $20,000 sub,rated at 8hz..It comes with software to program it, well I'm on the clock and the phones are ringin'back to tech supporting....Peace!!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM