Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#10367 - 05/06/07 03:12 AM new product speculations/specials
nomoneybutgoodsound Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Mission,BC
Anyone have any speculations on what the new products are? The obvious is speakers.

#10368 - 05/06/07 08:32 AM Re: new product speculations/specials
tru blu Offline
Desperado

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Not so sure about that; Outlaw just introduced a loudspeaker. I'm not a gambler (unless participating in eBay auctions count), but the hint in the announcement makes me think that one of the new additions is a universal digital-disc player. Right now there's all this buzz online about that budget-priced player from Oppo Digital, which also sells direct-online. From what I've read, few players have decent bass management, which would seem to be where Outlaw already has a distinct advantage. Just a thought...

#10369 - 05/06/07 01:51 PM Re: new product speculations/specials
psklenar Offline
Desperado

Loc: Southern New England, USA
If so (DVD-V, DVD-A, SACD, upscaling player), I sure wish I had known. Just bought one of those Oppo's 3 weeks go.

#10370 - 05/06/07 02:32 PM Re: new product speculations/specials
bestbang4thebuck Offline
Desperado

Loc: Maryland
The reference to a show special that will 'knock your eyes out' makes me think of a display monitor or projector. If not one that is Outlaw's own, then some offering through, or bundled with, another brand, similar to Outlaw's offering of the SMS-1.

The words "powerful", "unique", "flexible", and "first of its kind" used in the newsletter make me think of a modular or expandable amp, perhaps at the 300wpc level? These words might also apply to a new processor or receiver, but if I'm not mistaken, that may have been ruled out for now.

As to new offerings that attendees might listen to, perhaps Outlaw is introducing speakers other than the bookshelf - center, surround, mains larger than the bookshelf model, or even a new subwoofer. While I would genuinely be surprised to see Outlaw move toward loudspeakers of an active crossover design, that could also be "powerful", "unique", "flexible", and "first of its kind" for Outlaw.

Just guessing. I know I won't be able to be in New York, so I'll be waiting on show and post-show news like 99+% of Saloon members.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hedoboy, naowro, BeBop, workarounder, robpar
8705 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,705 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,326 Topics
98,691 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM