Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1000 - 01/30/02 03:47 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
m-mmeyer Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chanhassen, MN, USA
Which changer did you buy? I have often thought of getting one. The cd only ones are dirt cheap and the dvd/cd are pretty cheap too.

m-mmeyer
"Pain heals, Chicks dig scars and glory is forever"
From the mouth of Keanu Reeves one the great pundits of our time! smile

#1001 - 01/30/02 05:49 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I bought the Sony CDP-M555ES. Its feature list isn't perfect, but it does quite a lot and is a pretty neat toy. It includes an on-screen display showing all disks that are loaded, and it also has a two-way remote that shows you the current disk and track title.

One thing that's a bit annoying is that you can't name tracks with it. You can name disks and assign an artist to each disk, but you can't name the tracks. If a CD has CD-text on it, it will show the track titles that are recorded on the disk, but you can't input them manually.

A minor annoyance, since the unit does just about everything else perfectly.

#1002 - 01/30/02 08:47 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Jay-1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, you got your replacement shipped overnight ? It took a week to get mine. Still evaluating.

Jeff

#1003 - 01/30/02 11:01 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

No, the replacement was shipped UPS ground on Monday. I'm still waiting for it; I'm hoping that I'll see it by Friday. Maybe that's optomistic; I really don't know how long UPS ground will take considering it's going to travel over 3,000 miles.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#1004 - 02/01/02 01:32 AM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Jay-1 Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Tampa, FL
hey Matt,
For mine to get to Florida from Cali, it takes about 5 business days. However I sent my 2nd one back tonight. My days of Outlaw are over unfortunately. Going Yamaha RX-V2200. Must say Thumbs up for their Customer Service though !!

#1005 - 03/03/02 02:41 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Deryl Robinson Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA, USA
I had the same problem once. It was late so I gave up and went to bed. The next day it was fine. Months later, no repeat. It's good to know Outlaw will back it if it repeats.

#1006 - 03/04/02 11:22 AM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Just FYI, it ended up taking one week to make the trip and arrived on Monday. The replacement unit has shown no problems yet. *knock on wood*

#1007 - 05/30/02 03:21 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Tweaker Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Athens, GA, USA
Matthew,

I am having the same problems with mine and, unbelievably, I have the same exact setup that you described (86 the changer). I didn't start happening until about 2 months after I had the unit. The strange thing is, and I can't remember if you said anything about this or not, but mine only cuts off when I am watching DVDs. Also, it will not cut off if I keep the volume at 26 or lower. If I press the power button twice, it cuts back on, but will immediately cut off again unles I turn the volume down, so I assumed it had something to do with overheating or clipping or something. The 1050 sits on its own shelf and the shelf above it is a at least 8 to 10 inches from the top of the receiver. I felt the receiver when it cut off and it felt cool, so that perplexed me as well. I am going to contact Outlaw CS since no one else has discovered a DIY solution. Thanks for posting. At least I am not the only one...

#1008 - 05/30/02 04:37 PM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
e-dogg Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: OHIO
Well, I guess I get to join the club. My 1050 did the exact same thing the night after I got it. When it happened I noticed my speakers would "pop" as the display faded away. My solution was to unplug the unit for the whole night and change outlets. So far (knock on wood) it has performed fine. thats been 1 1/2 months ago. It isnt heat because my was stone cold when it happened. I never rewired my speakers so I dont think that was it. Good Luck to us all.

#1009 - 05/31/02 09:21 AM Re: My 1050 shuts off now
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Well, Tweaker, your situation sounds similar to mine, except that I never did get mine to turn back on again since that night. I ended up sending it back to Outlaw for a replacement and never did find out what went bonkers with the original. The replacement has shown no signs of repeating the behavior.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
zuter 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts