Bridging amp

Posted by: Littlehair

Bridging amp - 06/05/19 02:59 PM

I was curious about trying something but I do not want to take a chance on hurting my amps.

I have 2 - 7000x amps in my system. I am running a 7.2.4 system in my theater room. My main speakers are Energy Veritas 2.4 and the center channel is the Veritas 2.0C. Right now I have my front 3 speakers bi-amped. I am curious if it is possible to bridge two channels to one speaker. I am only thinking of doing this on my front 2 speakers. Will that damage my amp?

I am just curious if it would sound any different. I know the tweeter/mid does not need the full power of the amp but I am sure the woofers would benefit from more power. It sounds really, really good now...

Jeff
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Bridging amp - 06/06/19 02:33 PM

I am unsure of how your amp would respond since tying the backend of two channels together could cause them to develop some sort of feedback loop. I am curious regarding the need to feed those speakers more power than you are getting bi-amped. From what specs I could see they are 90 db efficient and should have plenty of power as is. If you feed those woofers too much power they could extend beyond design. Since Energy makes their own drivers you should contact them for specifics. I would steer away from anything that could damage the amps or the speakers, especially if it already sounds really, really good.
Posted by: EEman

Re: Bridging amp - 06/07/19 09:25 AM

If it doesn't explicitly say "bridgeable" then it's probably isn't. Bridging ordinary amps can damage them. I wouldn't try.