dts-outlaw-wow!!!!

Posted by: nfaguys

dts-outlaw-wow!!!! - 12/13/07 10:10 PM

I've not posted to FAVORITE DEMOS before, and I wouldn't call this a demo. I thought this particular place would be acceptable to start this thread.

I'm watching/listening to an Oscar Peterson concert videod/recorded in Europe. First time I noticed a choice of dts. Chose it. Unbelievable!!!! I've read that dts gives best separation and/or realism.

I've committed multi-channel live recordings we've done in the past to dts conversion (big bands etc). This is the first time, however, that I have heard a commercailly recorded LIVE concert done in dts. It really is stunning.I have from 5poiny1.com discs several dts discs, but those were studio recordings and are somewhat "sterile".

Try dts
Posted by: nfaguys

Re: dts-outlaw-wow!!!! - 12/13/07 10:18 PM

Oh.......I forgot to mention that the dts is being recognized and decoded by an outboard dts decoder.
These are available from this 5point1.com source . Also Rotel makes an outboard decoder. With these you can play dts CDs from any CD player with digital output.
Posted by: bobliinds

Re: dts-outlaw-wow!!!! - 12/14/07 08:03 AM

I have several DTS discs, and they can sound wonderful; however, I just play them directly into my pre/pro using my DVD player. No outboard decoder is necessary if your pre/pro or receiver already decodes DTS.