Best Blu-Ray demo film/show

Posted by: Logansneo

Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 01/03/13 06:48 PM

This thread is to voice your favorite blu-ray films that encompass both amazing audio traits as well as spectacular video. You can list demo scenes as well, but I'd like to know what films/shows you deem worthy to sit down with friends with to show them what your syatem can do!

Two of my favorite current demo films are actually a movie and tv show:
-TRON Legacy (2D)
-Game of Thrones
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 01/03/13 08:21 PM

Saving Private Ryan - beach and bridge scenes are absolute killer if your system is set up right
Master and Commander - cannons music visuals and creaking ship
U-571 - depth charges and explosions and submarine noises
Jurassic Park - T-Rex stomps the yard
Last of the Mohicans - Great Music and cannons
Gladiator - fight scenes and beginning battle
Braveheart - visuals and fights scenes.
Posted by: EEman

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 01/04/13 10:45 AM

The Avengers: The whole film.
Dispicable Me: The scene where Gru is launching to the moon almost shook my house apart.
Quantum of Solace:
I've always like The Matrix, but I only own it on DVD-I assume the blu-ray is good too.

Hmm...Anything with guns, explosions or giant creatures stomping around seems to fit the bill.
Posted by: Logansneo

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 01/04/13 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: EEman
....Hmm...Anything with guns, explosions or giant creatures stomping around seems to fit the bill.
smile
Posted by: butchgo

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 01/06/13 11:48 AM

Hunt for Red October is pretty good too but in a different way.
Listen for the subtle sounds of the submarines.
Posted by: crystal0092

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 05/14/13 09:22 AM

of courese it is the The Black Swan. I enjoyed it with my windows blu ray player blu ray player windows. I have used it for almost 2 years and never had any problem. it plays blu ray on pc smoothly. when i bought it, to my surprise, it can change region code change region code, thus i'm never worried about relaxing myself when on business. It's an easy to use and professional blu ray player software for windows, including Windows 8. of course, it fully integrates with Windows Media Center too. beyond your surprise, it's also a 3d video player 3d video player.
Posted by: Owl's_Warder

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 05/14/13 11:44 AM

We just watched The Fellowship of the Ring this weekend for Mother's Day (her choice! I love my wife!). It sounded fantastic! I'll also second Game of Thrones; both seasons are brilliantly presented.
Posted by: hifihunter

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 05/16/13 12:52 PM

Battleship(2012) - Silly but fun movie with amazing sound throughout.
Super 8 - The part with the train derailment where cargos and debris are thrown around.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 05/22/13 07:08 PM

Any of the LOTR movies but especially the Return of the King.
Posted by: Dub Bub

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 12/22/14 03:32 PM

I've been waiting a couple of years to get my system built back up with modern components to enjoy some favorite cinema. Last night I put in "Sky Crawlers" and enjoyed DTS True HD 5.1. It's a fairly slow paced sci-fi anime but there are about 6 airplane dogfight scenes for which sound engineering was commissioned to Skywalker Sound. Absolutely stunning and immersive.

Unfortunately the aspect ratio is pooched, but someone has compiled the dogfight scenes on YOutube. (Major spoiler at 9:00): http://youtu.be/fIyeuK9QBJY
Posted by: beyond 1000

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 02/12/15 01:03 AM

War of the Worlds - for powerful LFE, especially chapter 5
Gravity - Sound immersion and stunning picture
How to Train your Dragon 2 - Incredible animation - the best in my opinion
Cloverfield - LFE do die for or to die from - depending on you sub - the best LFE I have heard
Lord of the Rings - Return of the King - best immersive LFE and stunning visuals.

Plenty more but these are my standouts.
Posted by: beyond 1000

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 02/12/15 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: EEman
Hmm...Anything with guns, explosions or giant creatures stomping around seems to fit the bill.

Godzilla - 2014
Cloverfield
Pacific Rim

Saving Private Ryan
The Dark Knight (Batman)
Master and Commander
Posted by: 975 destroyer

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 12/12/15 03:33 AM

"Days of Thunder" for its sound track. My brother-in-law is BIG NASCAR fan and was an extra to boot. He said its "closest he's been" to being there w/out going.

+1 on many previous suggestions.
Posted by: H Stevens

Re: Best Blu-Ray demo film/show - 12/12/15 08:18 AM

The Art of Flight.

Fantastic Blu Ray for checking both video and audio calibrations.