Out of Phase after running Auto Setup

Posted by: drueb

Out of Phase after running Auto Setup - 02/09/21 12:50 PM

After running auto setup, I get a pop up window that says all my speakers are out of phase. I checked the connections, and they are all properly connected. Is this a glitch in the software of the 976?
Posted by: arbitrageur

Re: Out of Phase after running Auto Setup - 02/09/21 03:18 PM

Hi Drueb, I'd trust your own verification of cabling and how it sounds over the auto setup.

I have seen a lot of messages about auto-setup trouble over the years. It can be useful for level, phase, and distance settings but it is a single microphone in a room and can therefore take measurements in a location with a terrible room node or reflection that throws it off.
Posted by: drueb

Re: Out of Phase after running Auto Setup - 02/09/21 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By arbitrageur
Hi Drueb, I'd trust your own verification of cabling and how it sounds over the auto setup.

I have seen a lot of messages about auto-setup trouble over the years. It can be useful for level, phase, and distance settings but it is a single microphone in a room and can therefore take measurements in a location with a terrible room node or reflection that throws it off.

I agree with your logic, arbitrageur. I figured as much. Thanks for the input.
Posted by: Helson

Re: Out of Phase after running Auto Setup - 02/12/21 11:11 AM

If all channels are reading out of phase, are you using the 976 mic? Some mic's are opposite polarity.