New Owner of the 976 w/questions

Posted by: Joe in Mobile

New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/28/19 08:05 PM

So far so good! Had an Integra DHC 9.9, it was nice but difficult for me to get along with. 1st question, how do I register this? Look at website and I don't see a place to do it. 2nd question, the FM antennae comes in 02ea pieces, the cable and a coaxial connector. How do they fit together? I have a background in electronics from the Navy and can't attach a FM antennae. Sheesh! wink 3rd and last question, best way to connect amazon 4k fire stick to this. Love the bluetooth with this.
Posted by: EEman

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/29/19 01:58 PM

Someone else can confirm, but I don't think the antenna is supposed to be in two pieces.
Posted by: Helson

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/29/19 04:19 PM

There is an FM adapter and a simple black wire that fits into the FM antenna jack on the 976. You can use the simple wire that slips onto the center prong of the jack. Or you can push on the FM adapter and use a dipole antenna or any FM antenna with an F-connector screw on or push on type termination.

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/29/19 04:52 PM

I connect my Fire TV to the Media input. I think the Bluetooth is great.
Posted by: Joe in Mobile

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/29/19 06:07 PM

So the end of the FM wire does not fit into the adapter, so I force it over the male end of the adapter? I have the HDMI output from the 976 to the arc input on the Sony. How do have the input/outputs set on your 976? Thanks.
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 08/30/19 09:55 AM

The adapter is only for those using threaded F-Type connectors on the end of their antennas. Since you are using the bare wire with a standard wire termination, you would not use the adapter. The terminated end of the wire would slip over the male pin, in the middle of the antenna jack, on the Model 976.

Re: New Owner of the 976 w/questions - 09/01/19 09:04 AM

I actually haven't connected an antenna to my 976. I don't listen to FM radio on it. I have the Verizon connected to Cable/Sat HDMI 1, the Oppo-203 connects to Disc HDMI 2, and Fire TV is to the Media HDMI 4, The Bluetooth adapter uses its own dedicated input, as you know. So I stream music from my phone, or the Fire TV. I do have an older OAW-3 wireless set that is connected to one of the analog inputs, but I haven't used that in so long. I did use it quite a bit with my 975, but since I replaced that for the 976, not so much.