Blue Jeans Cable - Speaker & IC's - Opinions?

Posted by: drueb

Blue Jeans Cable - Speaker & IC's - Opinions? - 05/16/19 03:49 PM

Seeking members opinions regarding sound quality of Blue Jeans Cables for speakers and interconnects.

Specifically, these Speaker Cables:

10-gauge 5T00UP and the 12-gauge 5000UE

And these IC's: LC-1 Audio Cable

I have seen hundreds of reviews, mostly complimentary, but none involving use of Outlaw Amps and Preamps. Thanks, All!
Posted by: arbitrageur

Re: Blue Jeans Cable - Speaker & IC's - Opinions? - 05/17/19 10:02 AM

Hi Drueb,

I use BJC across the board, primarily because it's a fair price for the manufacturing quality, especially for the terminated cables with ultrasoninc welds. I find them to be reliable and durable. I don't personally detect differences in sound quality between cables (presuming they are properly terminated and gauged), so I prioritize the finished build quality. There are other manufacturers with similar build quality and more fashionable aesthetics (fancy braided jackets, matching plug covers) if the plain look isn't your thing.

I use the 5000 10 guage and 12 guage in a Peachtree Nova / B&W setup in addition to the cables listed in my signature (welded locking banana terminations).

Posted by: drueb

Re: Blue Jeans Cable - Speaker & IC's - Opinions? - 05/22/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By arbitrageur
Hi Drueb,

I use BJC across the board, primarily because it's a fair price for the manufacturing quality, especially for the terminated cables with ultrasoninc welds. I find them to be reliable and durable. I don't personally detect differences in sound quality between cables (presuming they are properly terminated and gauged), so I prioritize the finished build quality. There are other manufacturers with similar build quality and more fashionable aesthetics (fancy braided jackets, matching plug covers) if the plain look isn't your thing.

I use the 5000 10 guage and 12 guage in a Peachtree Nova / B&W setup in addition to the cables listed in my signature (welded locking banana terminations).

arbitrageur, thank you for responding. I am in agreement with you, and have BJC now throughout my system. Upgraded from various other cables, including my 30 year old Monster Powerline II Plus, and M Series speaker cables. Although the Monster Cables looked fine, copper was still new looking, I just felt 30 year old cables might be wearing out with the sound being affected. I believe the BJC speaker cables are more revealing, open and airy. Love the connections as well.