976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible?

Posted by: drueb

976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/20/18 02:30 PM

I thought I read here that the 976 code was included in Harmony Remote's database...but just got this email...wonder if the author of this email has not been updated on the database?

Dear Drue,

My name is Mary, thank you for reaching out regarding our Harmony Remotes. I understand that you are looking for a compatible remote for your devices. Let's get this taken care of today.

First and foremost, we appreciate your interest with our remote.

Please know that all your devices except for the Outlaw Audio 976 are compatible with our hub-based models.

1. Harmony Hub
2. Harmony Smart Control
3. Harmony Companion
4. Harmony Ultimate
5. Harmony Ultimate Home
6. Harmony Elite

Your pre-amplifier is not yet added to our database but if you can teach the codes of the original infrared (IR) remote of your device, we can include it to our database.

You may keep the case number 06448423 for your record and future reference. This will allow us to quickly find the contact history when you need additional help.

In line with Logitech’s dedication to provide exceptional service to our valued customers, we will be sending a Customer Satisfaction Survey asking for your feedback about our products and services.

Best regards,
Posted by: kiwiaudio

Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/20/18 05:36 PM

It is in their database - I’ve got it loaded into my Harmony 950!
When searching for it, You must enter “ model 976”, not just “976”.

Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/22/18 11:52 AM

Thanks, kiwiaudio! Just ordered the 950, hoping it will fix things...like it has done for you.
Posted by: kiwiaudio

Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/22/18 12:33 PM

The Harmony 950 has a learning curve and its taking me a while. Im not giving it my undivided attention though as im also learning my new 976 and Ultra X13.
Yesterday, with the 976 selected in the harmonys "device" mode, i was able to bring up the OSD by touching the 950's "menu" button while watching a roku stick plugged into my Oppo. It paused the video, muted the audio, and OSD came on. I trimmed the sub down a notch and backed out of the OSD menu, video and audio returned.
Great - another reason not to fight with the Outlaw remote - except i have been unable to repeat that scenario again ! im sure i did something wrong!
Still dont know what the 950's swipe screen is all about ! Seems to pop up whenever it feels like it.

Im going to register in the harmony forum and learn all i can about this sweet little remote that doesnt care where i aim it !!
Speaking of which, there is an emitter on the underside of the 950 that means you can actually hold it upright to see what you are doing, while sending commands. Cool !!

I ordered the Harmony 950 to replace an aging Sony master remote. I was going to do that regardless. I hate to read that someone is spending more $ because a brand new products remote is -(how do i put this nicely) - inadequate !

Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/22/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By kiwiaudio
The Harmony 950 has a learning curve and its taking me a while. Im not giving it my undivided attention though as im also learning my new 976 and Ultra X13.
Yesterday, with the 976 selected in the harmonys "device" mode, i was able to bring up the OSD by touching the 950's "menu" button while watching a roku stick plugged into my Oppo. It paused the video, muted the audio, and OSD came on. I trimmed the sub down a notch and backed out of the OSD menu, video and audio returned.
Great - another reason not to fight with the Outlaw remote - except i have been unable to repeat that scenario again ! im sure i did something wrong!
Still dont know what the 950's swipe screen is all about ! Seems to pop up whenever it feels like it.

Im going to register in the harmony forum and learn all i can about this sweet little remote that doesnt care where i aim it !!
Speaking of which, there is an emitter on the underside of the 950 that means you can actually hold it upright to see what you are doing, while sending commands. Cool !!

I ordered the Harmony 950 to replace an aging Sony master remote. I was going to do that regardless. I hate to read that someone is spending more $ because a brand new products remote is -(how do i put this nicely) - inadequate !

Agreed, not happy that I have had to resort to using a different remote due to inadequacies of the 976 remote...just very frustrated, and the wife is complaining about all the rules to get the 976 to function somewhat appropriately! Hopefully the Harmony will streamline things for me, and make it easier for the wife to turn on and watch TV regardless of the source...and we use a lot of sources!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: 976 Plus Harmony Remote Compatible? - 01/22/18 04:31 PM

I have an older model Harmony ONE which is at least 9 years old. I have it programmed to control both of my systems downstairs. It has a touch screen that allows anyone to control either system just by selecting what you want to do and then pointing it at the system.