OSD doesn’t come on anymore

Posted by: dhop

OSD doesn’t come on anymore - 01/11/18 10:38 PM

Decided to try some additional connections, hit the menu button and tv goes black and nothing happens. On screen display. Anybody have this happen?
Posted by: Beachbum1

Re: OSD doesn’t come on anymore - 01/12/18 10:38 AM

By chance did you make these new connections with the power on? The manual states that the power needs to be removed before making connections. If you still have the same problem, try doing a reset.
Posted by: kiwiaudio

Re: OSD doesn’t come on anymore - 01/12/18 10:48 AM

I just had this happen after changing the HDMI connections on some components. I could not get the OSD to come on. Fix was to power down as Beachbum states, pull all the hdmi inputs, make sure you have HDMI out #1 going to your TV (#1 output is the only one that can send the OSD). I then powered back up, reconfigured all my inputs in the OSD menu, powered off again and plugged everything back in.
Posted by: dhop

Re: OSD doesn’t come on anymore - 01/17/18 08:16 AM

I recast the hdmi cabling after powering down and while I was doing this I noticed that I WAS NOT using hdmi out #1. I had inadvertently (through bad eyesight) connected to hdmi#2. Once I reconnected to hdmi #1 it all worked again. Lesson here is to not do anything without my glasses!