Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off...

Posted by: drueb

Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 11:22 AM

I have noticed on 3 occasions that my 976 will power off after 3 to 4 hours, not sure which. It did it yesterday while streaming a movie from Netflix. I checked the 976 timer to see that it was "off" and it was. I checked my TV timer, and it was "off" too. I will try to duplicate this again when I can leave the TV and 976 on for 4 plus hours, and get back with the forum. Note that when the 976 shuts off, it also shuts off the TV.

Anyone else have this issue?
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 12:50 PM

Ensure HDMI Control on the Model 976 is set to OFF. This is HDMI CEC, which allows HDMI devices to interact and turn on and off together.

For troubleshooting purposes, I would actually ensure HDMI CEC is turned off on all your equipment.

Send us an email with your results, customerservice@outlawaudio.com, once you've turned CEC off on everything so that we can be of further assistance.

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 04:32 PM

Will do...What does "CEC" stand for? Connected Equipment Control?

So, am I to assume that all my HDMI connected equipment has an HDMI Control "tab" in its Settings Menu? EX: Apple TV; Fire TV; TiVo; Blu-ray Player?
Posted by: Helson

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 05:12 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 05:18 PM

Thanks, Helson!
Posted by: Helson

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By drueb
Will do...What does "CEC" stand for? Connected Equipment Control?

So, am I to assume that all my HDMI connected equipment has an HDMI Control "tab" in its Settings Menu? EX: Apple TV; Fire TV; TiVo; Blu-ray Player?
Most BR players should. Not sure about the streaming devices. They either stay on or can be put to sleep.

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/26/17 06:56 PM

Thanks again, Helson.

Re: Sleep Timer Issue - Not set & powers off... - 12/27/17 11:25 AM

QUOTE:

Ensure HDMI Control on the Model 976 is set to OFF. This is HDMI CEC, which allows HDMI devices to interact and turn on and off together.

For troubleshooting purposes, I would actually ensure HDMI CEC is turned off on all your equipment.

Send us an email with your results, customerservice@outlawaudio.com, once you've turned CEC off on everything so that we can be of further assistance.

UPDATE:

Set the HDMI CEC to "off" on the 976 and Blu-ray Player. 976 did not shut off after 5 hours. Will be emailing Customer Service per instructions.