speakers for RR2160

Posted by: mjh

speakers for RR2160 - 03/29/20 04:45 PM

Outlaws..I need some opinions/recommendations for a pair of floor speakers for the RR2160 I am purchasing soon to replace the RR2150. I am also replacing the subwoofer LFM1 EX with the Ultra X-13. I would appreciate any input and or advice! Thanks
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: speakers for RR2160 - 03/29/20 06:38 PM

Price Range?
Posted by: mjh

Re: speakers for RR2160 - 03/30/20 11:52 PM

For a pair of floor speakers.......1000.00 to 3000.00
Posted by: EEman

Re: speakers for RR2160 - 04/01/20 09:50 AM

Lots of options in that range. I was targeting ~$2K for a pair and looked at Aperion, Axiom, Paradigm and Polk. I leaned heavily on Audioholics reviews (Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with them in any way)

Of course there are many others with offerings in this range.

I suggest you look at forum member's signatures as you'll get a flavor for what people actually spent their hard earned cash on.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: speakers for RR2160 - 04/01/20 12:07 PM

I looked at all of those speakers and more and finally bought a pair of Magnepan 1.6 QR panels. If you have the room to position them away from a wall they are by far the best I heard for realistic music. They can be a little hard to power but the 2160 has enough power especially if you get a subwoofer. If a dealer is close to you try them out.
Posted by: mdrconsult

Re: speakers for RR2160 - 04/06/20 05:41 PM

In that price range, you have a variety of options. And if you consider going used there are significantly more options available.

I am a big fan of Sonus Faber and I can tell you if you fond a set speakers that have been taken care of the last forever. The speakers in my office are well over 25 years old and sound as good as they ever have. So don't be afraid to shop Audiogon or Ebay for good used speakers.

Here is an example, this are great speakers. I had a pair years ago before I upgraded to the Olympica line.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9g4...kers-full-range