Shipping carton dimension

Posted by: kiwiaudio

Shipping carton dimension - 01/03/18 02:40 PM

Hopefully someone can tell me the size of the X13's shipping carton. I have to let Fedex know ahead of time which entryway to use.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Shipping carton dimension - 01/03/18 03:43 PM

Since it is only 17 inches wide and even though it will be double boxed it should fit through a standard doorway. It does weigh 105 lbs plus the boxing so get a dolly.

Re: Shipping carton dimension - 01/03/18 07:16 PM

Thanks Xenon. I know the product dimensions. We have all seen grossly oversized shipping cartons though. We have also seen many products with barely any protection. The cost of shipping should make packaging a big concern to manufacturers. Amazons specs have the X13's shipping weight at 135 lbs, so 30 lbs of packaging ?
Posted by: EEman

Re: Shipping carton dimension - 01/03/18 10:42 PM

The box my Ultra-X12 came in has a foot print of 21" x 27" (I just measured it) . Given that the X-13 has a foot print only about an inch bigger I would expect the shipping container to be roughly the same size, though taller.

I have 32" doorways and had no problems moving it.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Shipping carton dimension - 01/04/18 01:01 PM

The way my LFM1-EX came boxed was such that the interior box and the exterior box were separated by high density foam inserts which were about a inch thick. The boxes were very heavy duty with about .25 inch thickness each plus styro surrounding the actual sub. All told, the packaging added about three inches to each side of the side and maybe a little more to the top and bottom of the sub. Should easily fit through a standard 32 inch door.

Re: Shipping carton dimension - 01/04/18 03:19 PM

Just got done wrestling two X13's into my theater - gotta take a break and catch my breath !

Carton dimensions are 24" x 29" x 32". Double boxed with one thick carton directly inside the first, with a plastic lifting handle inset into the inner box. One of these handles came out and was rattling around inside! I could reach about 3 inches inside this hole and touch the bagged sub, so no foam at all on the sides !
Thick styro Top and bottom plates, with thick cardboard corner struts surrounded the bagged sub. There was tons of room for styro on all sides.

Both cartons sustained damage during shipping - one pretty decent hit too, but no apparent physical damage to the subs! One Fedex driver as usual, so just as well i was here to help! His truck was full of large items, poor guy !

Im going to let these puppies acclimate to my rooms temp for as long as i can stand before firing them up, as they were in several freezing trucks all the way to Ohio !!