How about a series of great headphones?

Posted by: Woohoo

How about a series of great headphones? - 03/22/11 07:27 PM

With the rapid expansion of tablets and smart phones(and about 3 billion media players) how about producing a set of Outlaw Headphones? I'd be happy to rock Outlaw headphones. Make them uniquely styled enough and you have an "instant" advertising from everyone who uses them in public. Yeah, I realize the market it full of crappy stereo headphones, but you have a somewhat loyal following just waiting for more Outlaw gear.
Posted by: gonk

Re: How about a series of great headphones? - 03/22/11 07:33 PM

Not a bad idea... Lots of uses for it, both with portables and around the house.

They could even have a companion product: a headphone amp paired with the OAW3, so the headphones could be used wirelessly.
Posted by: tru blu

Re: How about a series of great headphones? - 03/24/11 03:20 PM

It's an excellent idea. I just had to do research on a new headphone company called (I'm not making this up) Fanny Wang, whose new headphones have already inspired a lawsuit from Monster. It seems the Fanny Wang "On Ear" fashion 'phones look an awful lot like Monster's "Beats by Dre" model, which has the hip-hopper Dr. Dre's name on them. Monster lost, but the case is on appeal. It looks like the guy at Fanny Wang saw an opening and kinda ran through it; the designs are similar, but folks seem to agree that the sound beats the Monster phones hands down.

That said, I think there might be room for Outlaw to enter the market.