What about a two channel amp?

Posted by: Primaz

What about a two channel amp? - 01/27/09 06:38 AM

If you already have separate power amps but want to say upgrade one amp but not replace all of them, Outlaw only offers the mono blocks. Why don't you sell a two channel balanced output amp say 200 watts by two channels.
Posted by: tkntz

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 01/27/09 02:15 PM

Probably would have potential with the two channel croud as well. I could see some 7500 owners looking to something like that when they either want to move sound to another room or add the back channels to their HT.
Posted by: butchgo

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 01/27/09 04:28 PM

One advantage to the 2200's is their size.
If you look at other people's two channel amps they are much larger than two of the 2200's.
You have the option to stack, set them side by side or on different shelves.
A bit more versatile IMHO.
Posted by: gonk

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 01/27/09 08:26 PM

I've wondered about a stereo amp for many years (literally - I suspect that you could find my posts in threads similar to this dating back to 2002 or before), especially since my Model 200's were bought as a pair to fill a two-channel need (augmenting a five-channel amp in a 7.1 setup). Like butchgo, though, I've long assumed that one reason the Outlaw amp line-up has remained a mix of seven-channel amps, a big five-channel amp, and a monoblock is because the monoblock is such a low-profile and stackable design.

While I think a two-channel amp that borrows innards from the 7500 or even the 7900 (2x300W) would be cool, I suspect that the two-pack of 2200's is likely to remain Outlaw's "two channel amp solution."
Posted by: tkntz

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 01/27/09 10:15 PM

Yes, they are slim and stackable, but I could see someone wanting something more like a two channel version of the 7900 as gonk suggests (or even 2x400W. After all, all we're doing is dreaming here, right?) I see many people out there with a 3 or 5 channel amps running the center and surround speakers. Then using a more powerful or higher end two channel amp to run their full range front L & R speakers. Particularly when they prefer two channel music over HT. There's more than one way to skin a cat, but I like the idea.
Posted by: Primaz

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 01/30/09 12:04 AM

I think I would rather have one two channel amp than the two mono blocks; right now I have (5) NAD amps and with all my other equipment I am litterally running out of power plugs!
Posted by: chas

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 02/13/09 12:03 AM

I agree that two channel amps would make a great addition to the Outlaw line-up. I think Outlaw is missing a part of the market that Emotiva has successfully tapped in to (along with 3-channel amps). How about some 2 and 3 channel amps in a reasonably sized package (unlike the monstrous XPA-2/3 of Emotiva)...say in the size of the 7125 that would fit in most any shelf, rack or stand.
Posted by: kscharf

Re: What about a two channel amp? - 06/01/09 01:46 PM

Another idea would be to add a bridging option to the existing 7 channel amps. The 7075 could become a 3 channel 150w amp (with a spare channel).