New electronic equipment?

Posted by: Digital

New electronic equipment? - 12/25/02 10:44 PM

In the newsletter that was just sent out the Outlaws state that 2 new products will be arriving. Does any one have any info as to what these new items may be?

If I knew that a new receiver was comming out I would hold off on buying one now. As it stands, the 1050 is just to long in the tooth for me.
Posted by: charlie

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/25/02 11:03 PM

They seemed to be pretty hot on the 1050 in the newsletter. Unless they really want to tick folks off it seems like pushing the 1050 right before releasing an update would be a no no.

I'd like to see a non-Windows based network/internet appliance to play as many formats and sources as possible. Something that could play either locally stored or streaming audio and video from the LAN or an Internet connection would be cool, but I'm not holding my breath.
Posted by: gonk

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/25/02 11:04 PM

Not a clue here. From the remark that both will "introduce totally new concepts to the current home audio/home theater market" I am suspecting that neither will be a receiver, an amp, or a DVD player, but I could be wrong...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review
Posted by: soundhound

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 12:25 AM

They should be going into the motorcycle business - Outlaw Bikers - YEAH

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited December 26, 2002).]
Posted by: SpOoNmAn

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 06:37 AM

LOL soundhound...I'll stick with my Hondas thanks

------------------
Play it LoUd!!
Posted by: JT Clark

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 09:08 AM

I wonder if an ICBM 2 is in the works as they referred to the current one as ICBM-1. I've never seen that before, just ICBM. Maybe I just never noticed because I have not been all that interested in getting one.
Posted by: Matthew Hill

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 09:21 AM

I do think that it has always been called that.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 10:09 AM

It has always officially been the ICBM-1, but it's usually just called the ICBM.

------------------
Posted by: m-mmeyer

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 12:37 PM

Is the ICBM-2 the Magne-pan version?
Just a thought.

------------------
m-mmeyer
GO TWINS
My DVD's

Re: New electronic equipment? - 12/26/02 02:01 PM

No, the Magnepan version is just a tweak to the ICBM-1 -- it's listed as "ICBM-1 (Magnepan Edition)" on the order form. As far as I know, there still isn't an ICBM-2 (unless it is one of next year's products).

------------------