Wow, higher performance and lower price!

Posted by: renov8r

Wow, higher performance and lower price! - 01/22/15 02:05 PM

While some audio products firms seem fixated on offering ever more costly products with vanishingly small 'improvements' I applaud the Outlaw decision to offer a subwoofer with an extended frequency / SPL output at an even more attractive price.

Those of us that understand what drives the pricing of most technology products often find ourselves shaking our heads in disbelief at the business decisions that drive some high-end audio firms. If more folks understood the value and impact that a great subwoofer like the Ultra-X12 can add to the enjoyment of movies and music we would certainly see less products marketed to those who simply assume high quality and good value cannot co-exist!
Posted by: beyond 1000

Re: Wow, higher performance and lower price! - 02/23/15 12:29 AM

High quality and good value are easy to coexist. Krell offers a $12,000 multichannel amplifier. Honestly what is that going to do for improvement of HT sound compared to Outlaw's 7500/7700/7900? If that's not enough then D'Agostino is getting in to 5 channels via a 2 channel and 3 channel combo. I believe those combined will be $27K. Old habits are hard to break I guess. Then there is Sim Audio.

For me good value is Outlaw 7500/SVS PB 13Ultra combo. Those are unbeatable for pure force and dynamics with good controlled sound.

Good job Outlaw on the Ultra-X12.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Wow, higher performance and lower price! - 02/24/15 10:59 AM

High quality and great value is why we are in the Saloon. I wish more people would do some actual field listening before buying into the snake oil BS of the online mags and unscrupulous manufacturers.