Headphone amps and dacs

Posted by: Bill O

Headphone amps and dacs - 08/27/11 11:02 PM

Been spending some time looking at ways to elivate my computer sound to at least sound respectable.Spending way to much time watching headphone forums, ( yes I have the itch )
What a wealth of information, and if I might admit, confussion ,I procede with caution.
Now if Outlaw had one or the other, I know I would buy them. No more confusion,
And yes, as mentioned in another thread, headphones.
Going down the road with "Outlaw" pasted to the sides of the headphone is shure to peak the intrest of many aspirering to be outside the norm. No need to wear your pants down around you ankles, slave rings in your nose, nails in your eybrows just slip on you Outlaw headphones, nuff said.
Posted by: BpShenanigans

Re: Headphone amps and dacs - 08/31/11 04:54 PM

I'll second the motion for an Outlaw headphone amp/DAC and make a motion for a
pre-amp/DAC/Network Player something like a Marantz NA 7004 with a pre-amp and DAC.
Pre-amp/tuner combos have been offered before by other companies (Adcom). This would be a similar product for the current era. But I doubt the Outlaws want to tackle networking components or wireless networking ones for that matter.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Headphone amps and dacs - 08/31/11 05:49 PM

The hybrid of the OAW3, standalone DAC, and headphone amp (possibly with a digital audio input and/or USB input on the transmitter end) could be handy for a number of applications.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Headphone amps and dacs - 09/04/11 08:52 AM

If they could make it small enough I could use it around the house instead of my iPod.