OAW4 wireless

Posted by: ruggercb

OAW4 wireless - 08/26/16 10:17 PM

Hey all, happy owner of a 7125 amp and mostly happy owner of the OAW4 wireless transmitter/receiver system. It's connecting my HSU VTF 10 sub to my Denon AVR X3200W acting as preamp. The sound is great and I hear no latency, but every so often I get a really loud bass burp, if you will. Most times it's after I've shut the system off and went upstairs to bed. Wife does not like that! Anyone have an idea? Thanks!
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/27/16 09:47 AM

I would check the other devices that are on the same circuit as the sub. Maybe something that automatically operates and causes the sub to "burp". I had a light switch that would do that to my sub when I turned the lights off. The fix was to plug the sub into a different receptacle. When you shut the system down does the OWA4 go off at the same time or is it delayed some time?

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/27/16 11:22 AM

I will try that. I had some problems with my system when I put it in. This is a new house with those pesky arc fault breakers and I had to run two entirely new lines with standard gfp breakers for my stereo/pc components. I also installed two battery backup/regulators. The sub and oaw4 are only hooked to a surge suppressor. Where I had the sub originally was a bass trap of doom, hence the need for the oaw. Thanks for the advice!

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/29/16 09:58 PM

Whelp, no dice. I've tried running everything through my voltage regulators, different outlets, to no avail. I've also tried all 4 channels on the transmitter/reciever. The sub doesn't make the noise when hooked directly via coax. I'm thinking there's something up with the OAW4. I tried a support ticket but the website won't work.

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/29/16 10:18 PM

Does the burp occur when the OWA is de-powered? Is it possible to leave it on all the time?
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/31/16 02:32 PM

Hello Rugger,

I had responded to your support ticket, but have not heard back. Please try connecting an iPod or another source device to the inputs of the wireless transmitter to see if this occurs. It would also be helpful if you could remove all inputs to the wireless transmitter to see if this still occurs.

Re: OAW4 wireless - 08/31/16 09:08 PM

Ok I will try hooking up via my iPhone. This never happens unless the system has been used so I will also disconnect the input from the transmitter when I shut the system off to see if it still occurs. Thanks!

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/01/16 11:41 PM

After disconnecting the input on the transmitter, the sub still makes the audible burp about 10 minutes after signal loss. I didn't test any further, since it behaves the same with no input as it does with the receiver input.
Posted by: Outlaw Ben

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/02/16 02:52 PM

Please give me a call at (866) OUTLAWS. Please note, we will be closed Monday for Labor Day.
Posted by: akopperl

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/05/16 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By ruggercb
Hey all, happy owner of a 7125 amp and mostly happy owner of the OAW4 wireless transmitter/receiver system. It's connecting my HSU VTF 10 sub to my Denon AVR X3200W acting as preamp. The sound is great and I hear no latency, but every so often I get a really loud bass burp, if you will. Most times it's after I've shut the system off and went upstairs to bed. Wife does not like that! Anyone have an idea? Thanks!

I'm experiencing the same exact issue. I ordered the unit Sept. 8th, but didn't hook it up until yesterday as I was waiting on equipment. It seems to work well, but throughout the day when my system is off, I get the "bass burp". Needless to say, the wife isn't happy.

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/05/16 10:29 PM

I have the OWA3 transceiver set and I get no burp at all when I turn off the power.
Posted by: 73Bruin

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/09/16 12:02 AM

I am considering getting an OAW4, however, I am very concerned that the unit transmits data on the 2.4ghz frequency. I live in a townhome and virtually everyone seems to have wireless routers. I am picking up 6 just on the first page of my laptops wireless connection options (and all have 2 or more bars of signal strength). The OWA4 manual is pretty much useless, in this regard as it doesn't even list the 2.4ghz channels used.

Has anyone had experience in dense housing clusters with the OWA4?
Posted by: Johannessen

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/11/16 08:34 PM

I am having the same "Burp" issues which is a real annoyance. But 73Bruin, I have had no issues with wifi interference and I also live in a townhouse with a ton of other wifi signals.

Re: OAW4 wireless - 09/14/16 02:28 PM

At least for the time being I've worked around the problem. I had a spare insteon outlet switch that I've programmed my harmony remote to turn on and off with the rest of the system. I have the subwoofer plugged in to it so I don't get any errant burps when I'm not using the system. This isn't going to help everyone since its a specific hardware "fix" and it's not perfectly elegant, but it does work.