Surround Right Channel Buzz

Posted by: drueb

Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/11/17 02:18 PM

My amp has developed a buzz in the SR channel ONLY. I know this is the amp because I was running the amp together with my Denon 3808 CI AVR, using the receiver as a pre/pro....and disconnected the amp and reconnected the AVR. No buzz now. What could be the issue? Serial Number 1511-50000417.
Posted by: XenonMan

Re: Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/11/17 05:11 PM

Is it a buzz or a hum? Buzz is likely bad channel on amp. Hum is probably ground loop.
Posted by: rdgrimes

Re: Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/11/17 06:12 PM

Swap in different input cable or swap them L to R and see if it still does it. Leave that channel disconnected from the input, does it still buzz? Swap L-R again at the Processor and see if the noise moves.

Re: Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/12/17 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By rdgrimes
Swap in different input cable or swap them L to R and see if it still does it. Leave that channel disconnected from the input, does it still buzz? Swap L-R again at the Processor and see if the noise moves.

Thanks! I unplugged the power cord from the 5000 overnight. I then put the speaker cables back on the 5000 from my AVR...no buzz. Switched around the speaker cables to see if buzz was present anywhere...still no buzz. Don't know how, but the buzz went away simply by unplugging the power cord. Weird...
Posted by: rdgrimes

Re: Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/13/17 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By drueb

Thanks! I unplugged the power cord from the 5000 overnight. I then put the speaker cables back on the 5000 from my AVR...no buzz. Switched around the speaker cables to see if buzz was present anywhere...still no buzz. Don't know how, but the buzz went away simply by unplugging the power cord. Weird...

Odds are you simply had a weak connection somewhere.

Re: Surround Right Channel Buzz - 02/13/17 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By rdgrimes
Originally Posted By drueb

Odds are you simply had a weak connection somewhere.

Agreed...Thanks for the input!