Netflix - Battlestar Galactica

Posted by: AARONMADLER

Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/23/07 10:49 PM

If anybody hasn't tried this DVD, I'd bet that you'd be surprised how much you will enjoy it. You have to start out with the mini series.

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?movieid=70018474&trkid=189530&strkid=2143846344_3_0

Don't blame me if your spouse gets aggravated that you can't be pried away from your HT for 3-4 hours.
Posted by: Lizard King

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/25/07 06:06 AM

I have every BG episode ever made (1978, 79, 80, 2003-present) as AVI files.

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/25/07 03:01 PM

Liz,

I'm glad to see that another gunslinger is enjoying BG as well as myself.

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/26/07 05:40 AM

Hey Aaron,

Did you enjoy the original "BG" shows back in 1978-1979? The 1980 shows were not even close the the first two seasons.

The Sci-Fi Channel series has its ups and down. I like it when the fleet it facing danger from the Cylons and when the shows just have human drama, I get bored.

What do you think?

Liz

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/26/07 06:45 AM

Liz,

I enjoyed the mini series and I'm only on season two currently. I watched 9 episodes this weekend. I'm surprised that my wife hasn't divorced me.
Posted by: candyman

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/26/07 05:02 PM

I enjoyed watching the BG original, but I'm a much bigger fan of the current BG show. The current show is my favorite series on tv.

I'll have to check out the 2003 pilot since I think I missed the first couple of episodes.

Rob

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/26/07 07:26 PM

Aaron,

I have all the season three shows as AVI files.

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/26/07 11:29 PM

Netflix is sending me three more discs to arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
Posted by: taylodr

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 02/27/07 07:12 AM

I agree with candyman. I really believe that this is the best show on television. - Even better now that Universal HD is playing the current season in high definition!
Posted by: Sweet Spot

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 05/04/07 12:44 AM

BSG really sucks.

When it's not ON ! smile Seriously, this season was just way too short lived, wasn't it ? I could have stood it being a bit less soap opera-ish, but overall, I think they've done an outstanding job with it all. I'd love to see them do a full length feature film too....

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 06/08/07 05:02 PM

Sweet Spot, the good news is that this season--season 4--at 22 episodes will be longer than season 3. The bad news is the show's executive producers announced it will be the final season for the series. BSG season 4 will kick off in November with a 2 hour episode "Razor".

Candyman

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 11/19/07 10:44 AM

BG rules!

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 11/19/07 09:25 PM

I just checked. The SciFi Channel BG site shows the 2 hour season premier will be this Saturday, November 24th. Sweet.

Candyman
Posted by: akdrama

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 11/21/07 05:23 PM

Pardon me if I am repeating anything from another thread. Another good sci-fi series is Firefly which ends with a recapping movie Serenity. It's a funky space western with good sound quality.
Posted by: gonk

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 11/21/07 05:43 PM

I'll pardon you - hard to find fault in bringing up Firefly, after all. wink Quite good series, shame it died such a premature death...
Posted by: bobliinds

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 12/13/07 06:23 PM

And BSG looks terrific on HD DVD!

Although I had friends telling me for years what a great series it was, I never started watching it and then I didn't want to start watching in the middle.

So I waited until the HD DVDs of Season 1 came out on Dec. 4 and started receiving the series from Netflix.

As everyone said, this is a brilliant show. And the superb production values are really shown off on the hi-def discs.

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 04/07/08 09:38 PM

BSG is back. The first episode of the season aired this past Friday. According to the SciFi schedule, the season premier will re-air prior to this Friday's episode.

Rob

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 01/16/09 09:50 PM

A new episode of BSG airs tonight on the SciFi channel. There are only 10 episodes left until the series concludes.

Rob
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 01/17/09 05:40 AM

thanks candyman I almost forgot about that. I have been waiting to see how this is going to play for months now. Should be fun.

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 03/18/09 07:25 PM

The 2 hour BSG series finale is this Friday.

Rob

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 03/22/09 09:36 AM

Sadly, BSG is over :-(
Posted by: Cadboy

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 03/27/09 03:05 PM

Yes, I am sad also. Best series I've seen in a long time.

There will be a spin off however; "Caprica", in the fall. I will definitely check it out.

Interesting how our Earth turns out to be the "2nd" Earth!
Posted by: Ritz2

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 04/08/09 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
Sadly, BSG is over :-(
Frak! Definitely the best TV show I've seen in a long long while. smile

I've also got all the DVDs and all of Season4 as 720p AVI files. The soundtrack is also available (though it doesn't include material from season 4) and is quite good.

Best,
Posted by: E'pin Sen Ob

Re: Netflix - Battlestar Galactica - 04/08/09 04:10 PM

Yeah, I am waiting for the final season to come out to finish off my BSG collection. Just watched all of season 3 again last week. Probably will revisit season 4 soon. Not sure about this spin off however but I will probably give it a try.