12 volt trigger cable

Posted by: JSJ1

12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 03:19 PM

Where can I buy one? I have searched in vain for more time than I care to admit. HELP!
Posted by: gonk

Re: 12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 03:53 PM

Outlaw includes a trigger with each of their multichannel amps, but if you have a different amp or are triggering something else (like a power conditioner) you can run to Radio Shack and pick up one of these for about $4.

Re: 12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 04:08 PM

Thanks Gonk. I called 3 RShack outlets here and none knew what I was talking about. I took the one that came with my 990 to one of the Shacks and the salesman had no clue. I've exhausted my known search parameters on the Shack web site and no luck. I've googled "12 volt trigger wire/cable" and run down 3 google pages of web pages and still no luck. I'm certain the Shack sells one, but I don't how to find it. Any suggestions?
John

Re: 12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 04:12 PM

Oops. I just noticed the link you provided. As a trained observer, I just flunked the exam.
Thanks.
JJ
Posted by: gonk

Re: 12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 05:00 PM

No problem - since it's just an 1/8" mono cable and isn't specifically intended to be a trigger cable, it's effectively impossible to find for sale as a trigger cable. Radio Shack ought to have one hanging on the wall, just waiting for you. smile
Posted by: MeanGene

Re: 12 volt trigger cable - 07/18/06 09:41 PM

Radio Shack might list the cable in metric which I think is 3mm.