Why I would be the perfect BETA tester!

Posted by: sam g

Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 10:06 AM

Gotta love the Outlaw's for going out and looking for beta testers! They must really want me, they sent me the e-mail 5 times!! Everyone
should sign up! I think it would be so much fun to be part of the team that test Outlaw's equipment. Maybe once your selected, they would fly you in to their secret hideaway, do the secret handshake, and give you secret training.
Then they would show you their new, 75 driver,
6,000,000 watt sub-woofer, or the new Dolby Digital 42.7 surround processor! It could happen...
Posted by: gonk

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 10:25 AM

Could happen...

On the other hand, I heard a rumor that before they let you into the secret hideaway, you have to pass a "beta tester test" - they hand you a plain black box about the size of a power amp with no buttons, connections, or instructions and tell you to get it to reproduce the lowest frequency from soundhound's organ music CD's. Of course, that rumor might not be true...
Posted by: harp795

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 11:21 AM

After filling out the beta tester form, I couldn't help but ponder the possibility of an Outlaw LCD/DLP/Plasma type display. Several questions on that form about displays, what kind of display, display connections, receiver to display connections.....new receiver (1070) with DVI outputs?!? Perhaps the making of a 50"-60" DLP/LCD with HD capabilities for under $1500!
Posted by: Oaf

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 12:11 PM

There were indeed a lot of Video-phile type questions in there...maybe somethign a little less ambitions like a video switch/upscaler may be in the works (I'd buy one smile )
Posted by: stott

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 12:12 PM

hehe,
I was thinking the same thing. I haven't seen a call for this since before the 950 came out. Anyway, the 4th or 5th copy of mail did crack me up.

I figure there is a problem with their software or somebody clicked submit a few too many times.
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 12:20 PM

or they could be selling our data... man do i hope i am one of the lucky ones.
Posted by: Scott

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 12:26 PM

Hello All,

There was a glitch in the software program that was used to send the "Call For Beta Testers" newsletter. Unfortunately, it appears a good many of you received multiple copies. We are truly sorry for this inconvenience and expect to have this resolved before our next mailing.

Scott
Posted by: Spiker

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sam g:
They must really want me, they sent me the e-mail 5 times!!
Not so fast buddy! They sent me 6. I'm in front of you. :p
Posted by: psklenar

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:08 PM

okay ... can anyone beat six copies of that email? :p

Gonk,

The rumor I heard was that they were going to send all of us beta test applicants old Model 1050's ... dismantled. We have to reassemble 'em into working units before they offer us a chance. laugh And to make it really challenging, they're going to give us just enough solder to do the job ... if you run out before having a working radio ... eek

Or was the rumor really that any potential applicant won't be considered until they can write a review as clearly and concisely as this ? >

Of course, if the latter rumor is true, I'm in deep doo doo! frown

pat----

ps; and I don't care what the email said ... I hope I was one of the first submitted (w/in about 3 minutes of receiving the first email notice cool ).
Posted by: desperado

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psklenar:
okay ... can anyone beat [b]six copies of that email? :p
[/b]
I had an error in my email configuration which forwarded these emails to me twice so I received 12. Does that count ?

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:26 PM

I got confused by the question "What piece of equipment will you upgrade next." I wanted to answer "Everything". Picking just one was difficult. Really depends on what hits the market and catches my eye.
Posted by: kugumby

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:32 PM

I only got one copy frown

If I were to be chosen, I can just see my wife's face when I tell her that I can get this new $1000 piece of equipment for a measly 500 bucks....after we just bought a new TV. But Honey, it's HALF off! We HAVE to get it! laugh
Posted by: gonk

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 02:40 PM

Do the applicants have to reassemble the 1050 blindfolded, as well? smile
Quote:
okay ... can anyone beat six copies of that email?
Between two e-mail addresses, I can match six copies... smile
Posted by: painttoad

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by psklenar:

laugh And to make it really challenging, they're going to give us just enough solder to do the job... [/QB]
yeah, but i have extra solder layin' around,i'm lookin' at a little (dispenser)tube right now!
Posted by: dvdguru

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 04:19 PM

I replied to it as well today as soon as it arrived wink Now I just want the 1070 to be sitting on my doorstep next week lol. My 1050 is itching to be replaced...
Posted by: morphsci

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 04:42 PM

A little off-topic question:

I actually have more than one system and they are different enough that they may be appropriate for different products. Can we fill out more than one copy of the form for multiple systems?

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 05:50 PM

i documented my additional setups in the "other comments" box.

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 10:28 PM

I wonder if it is possible to edit our info. As I purchase new items I would like to be able to do so. Any tips Scott ? I know it's all new but view/edit would be nice.

My first beta testing feedback laugh
Posted by: Jason J

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/25/05 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desperado:
I wonder if it is possible to edit our info. As I purchase new items I would like to be able to do so. Any tips Scott ? I know it's all new but view/edit would be nice.
I second this question. What if we move or our system changes?? Thanks Outlaw for the chance to help. wink

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/26/05 12:58 PM

I had an omission in my submission. I sent Scott an email with the extra data and asked him to have it added to my database record. I suspect that's an option unless you're going to be changing your system every few days. smile
Posted by: bestbang4thebuck

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/26/05 01:26 PM

I would also like to edit my entries. I had to choose "other" more often than my liking because a brand, sometimes considered a major brand in a certain category, was not listed as a choice. It would also allow the addition of other details in my system as the system changes over time.
Posted by: Jed M

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/26/05 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by morphsci:
A little off-topic question:

I actually have more than one system and they are different enough that they may be appropriate for different products. Can we fill out more than one copy of the form for multiple systems?
I'm in the same boat. I have a nice HT, a nice 2 ch system, and a modest bedroom HT. I should have documented my other speakers and gear in the box but it wasn't described as a "general comment box". I thought there would be another page for other systems.
Posted by: rance

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/27/05 09:01 AM

Sounds like Outlaw needs some beta testers for the beta tester application.... wink
Posted by: Alejate

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 01/27/05 10:01 AM

Reassemble nothing! You have to convert the 770 to a tube amp. Soundhound would be proud.
Posted by: willscary

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 02/01/05 09:38 PM

I should be a beta tester! I talked my brother into a 950 yesterday. I have a Denon 1804 in a 6.1 family room that is dying to be bested by a 1070. I have a not yet completed the dedicated basement theater (but I have all the equipment, including the 950...I just need to finish the room, but the garage came first!) I have been using an NAD 7175PE since 1987 and I would LOVE to be able to have the bass management capabilities of the 2150 to blend my Axiom M80s with my SVS 16-46 PCI. I am a fairly strong bricklayer so hauling the hefty amplified receivers into their rightful place would not be a HUGE burden. I am just a plain old Outlaw fan!

Oh yeah, and I am modest and unassuming! laugh

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 02/02/05 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by willscary:
... Oh yeah, and I am modest and unassuming! laugh
eek gasp! choke! wheeze! snort!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

hehehehe laugh
Posted by: Oaf

Re: Why I would be the perfect BETA tester! - 02/02/05 10:51 AM

Did I mention that I manage a team of over 30 software/hardware testers? Also, you want to make sure the Outlaw products work well with Canadian electricity (especially during the Californian brown out season) and can stand up to some maple syrup spills Eh...