SpeakerCraft - History lesson needed

Posted by: phatlac

SpeakerCraft - History lesson needed - 07/26/04 06:59 PM

I think I may have missed something on the way to the dance today.

I overheard a retailer state to an unsuspecting customer that "SpeakerCraft is the leading manufacturer of highend speaker components for over half the big speaker guys out there."

Their web site states they started in the garage and got really deep in the custom business, but I didn't get the feeling they were a "highend component supplier". Can anyone out there enlighten me a bit on this?

I was researching some in-celing speakers to go in my lanai around the pool. In ceilings are alot easier than "in stucco/concrete-block". Stereostones are cool, but wiring would be a pain. Paradigm is still the front runner on my list.

Thanks all,

PhatLac.
Posted by: gonk

Re: SpeakerCraft - History lesson needed - 07/27/04 08:10 AM

Yeah, I'd have to say that it sounds like the unsuspecting customer was getting lead along. SpeakerCraft seems almost entirely focused on in-wall / in-ceiling sort of work. Not necessarily a bad thing when that's what you are shopping for, but not something that lends itself to manufacturing components for the "big speaker guys." And it goes without saying that they aren't manufacturing components for Paradigm, of course, since they handle everything themselves.

------------------
gonk -- 950 Review | LFM-1 Review | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | Saloon Links
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: SpeakerCraft - History lesson needed - 07/27/04 03:47 PM

And what were you doing in such a store, Phatlac? Hmmmm...?

------------------
This post has been brought to you by curegeorg, thanks for reading.
Posted by: phatlac

Re: SpeakerCraft - History lesson needed - 07/28/04 10:45 AM

uuuhhh, research, really.