Patriots

Posted by: Hullguy

Patriots - 01/21/04 06:53 PM

Prediction- The New England Patriots will beat Carolina by 10!
Posted by: Spiker

Re: Patriots - 01/21/04 07:36 PM

Hullguy, just wondering, how many North / South Carolina gunslingers would you think will agree to that?
Posted by: e-dogg

Re: Patriots - 01/22/04 09:49 AM

New England will win by 14 and take the most coveted prize in all sports home to the Boston area. And as one, the cheering masses will rise to welcome thier heros home.
Its not "whos next" for the Panthers, Its "your next"

[This message has been edited by e-dogg (edited January 22, 2004).]
Posted by: BroonsBane

Re: Patriots - 01/22/04 11:03 AM

Go Buccaneers!!!

Oops, wait a minute...that was last year!
Posted by: Jeff Mackwood

Re: Patriots - 01/22/04 11:30 AM

e-dogg

The Stanley Cup is not given out for football - and the Bruins don't have a hope in hell of winning it. So for now the most coveted and prestigious prize in all of sports will likely end up in Ottawa later this year.

Go Sens!

Jeff Mackwood
Ottawa

ps. any chance for the Red Sox this year?

Re: Patriots - 01/22/04 05:18 PM

There's always hope for the Red Sox in the Spring!!!
Posted by: Jason J

Re: Patriots - 01/22/04 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hullguy:
There's always hope for the Red Sox in the Spring!!!

Spring, yes!
October, no!

[This message has been edited by Jason J (edited January 22, 2004).]
Posted by: curegeorg

Re: Patriots - 01/23/04 12:50 PM

im sure you thought that carolina wouldnt beat philly either or for that matter dallas. id like to see the panthers indent tom brady's chin a little more and knock him out of the game like they did mcnabb.

Re: Patriots - 01/23/04 10:06 PM

The Pats beat Philly and Dallas, and the co MVP's of the NFL twice! Carolina should be no problem!

Re: Patriots - 01/26/04 12:41 PM

Tom Brady may have chin problems sunday night but, it will be from smiling so much with another Pats Championship. N.E.=24
Carolina =10

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 11:41 AM

WE are the champions, my friends oh we are the champions again... WE are the Champions of the world!!!!!!!!! Super bowl Pats
Posted by: Oil Can

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 11:48 AM

The Patriots won, but I knew they wouldn't cover. Thank god, I took Carolina, and the seven points.

[This message has been edited by Oil Can (edited February 04, 2004).]

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 02:37 PM

Champions of the World?

Given that the sport consists of a league with no non-US teams, with but a handful of "foreign" players, with no presence in any international sports forum (Olympics, World Championships, etc.) that's a wee bit of stretch don't you think?

When the Ottawa Senators win the Stanley Cup I will be able to boast that they ... won the Stanley Cup, even with a sport whose league crosses two borders and has players culled from at least two continents. When Canada won Olympic Hockey Gold (both men's and women's) last time, we would still only claim that we ... won Olympic Gold, since there is a separate World Hockey Championships held each year.

Hats off to the Pats in any case. Deservedly the SuperBowl Champions (and winner of whatever that trophy is called.) Now if we could only do something about that halftime show....

Jeff Mackwood
Posted by: CBWills

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 05:06 PM

The half-time show? Wasn't that CBS's answer to the Lingerie Bowl?
I heard they were going to send notices to everyone who was tuned in demanding $20.00.
And I went and bought that pay-per-view..

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 05:19 PM

Jeff,
you gotta understand, when some fans get emotionally charged, they burst out with words of joy. In the process they often say things they wouldn’t normally do. Football game has lots of emotion involved despite its macho atmosphere.
Posted by: Paratrooper

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 06:59 PM

Jeff,

World Champs is not a stretch. The Pats were going to play a Canadian team but they found out the Customs(broker fees) charge would be to high if they crossed the border. Plus they relalized that the Canadians would be a no show, just as they were in Iraq.
Posted by: MCH

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 10:22 PM

Paratrooper; I usually don't like to get into political arguments but your Canadian remark in Iraq galls me. As the world is finding out; the Bush and Blair administrations flat-out lied in order to justify their war mongering.
It's a shame Clinton was impeached for a frivolous act, while Bush seems to be getting away with very serious misrepresentation of facts that led to very serious acts.
eh!

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 10:50 PM

Paratrooper,

I would not dare to debate current politics - too many easy targets to shoot at.

I would however point out that Canada has an unimpeachable record of going to war, almost always before the US, when it was the right thing to do. WWI and WWII are two biggies that come to mind.

I would also point out that the last time WE were invaded by a foreign power bent on scoring political points at home, it was the US who was invading us. The end result: we almost took Washington D.C. but turned back because the beer was getting warm back home. (That one we refer to as the war of 1812 by the way. There were others - all in our "win" column in case you are keeping score.)

Regards.

Jeff Mackwood

Re: Patriots - 02/04/04 11:07 PM

MCH:

Try not to believe everything you hear, whether it is about Bush or Clinton. The media will do anything to get your attention. Why? This thing called “Rating”. Without it, they’ll go out of business.
Posted by: Paratrooper

Re: Patriots - 02/05/04 08:37 AM

MCH,

I take great joy in knowing you are GALLED.

Jeff,

Just think, if the beer had not started to get warm, you would not have to pay the high customs charges on Outlaw gear.
Posted by: Oil Can

Re: Patriots - 02/05/04 11:16 AM

Spiker, you hit the nail right on the head. It appears to me the only reliable information on the tube, and in print are the advertisements. The FCC would get on a TV advertiser’s case if the ads on the tube were false, but outright lying, or manipulation of the facts in reporting the news. No problem. The First Amendment is a wonderful thing, but at times the Media abuse this right for self-serving reasons.

Re: Patriots - 02/05/04 02:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jeff Mackwood:
[B]Champions of the World?

Given that the sport consists of a league with no non-US teams, with but a handful of "foreign" players, with no presence in any international sports forum (Olympics, World Championships, etc.) that's a wee bit of stretch don't you think?

Its just an old song Jeff. By a group called Queen. I realize the rest of the planet doesnt think thier champions of the world. I was just feelin happy. The super bowl trophy is called The Lombardi trophy after the first coach who won it.

Re: Patriots - 02/05/04 04:37 PM

Didn't he also have an orchestra that played polka music?

Jeff Mackwood

ps. All kidding aside, congrats once again to the Pats, and their fans.